Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services (AWS) State and Local Government team is leading a paradigm shift in how is cloud is transforming the delivery of citizen services and is looking for world class candidates to help drive the adoption of cloud technologies in the State and Local Government market.
Amazon Web Services Public Sector seeks a passionate, results-oriented program manager to manage State and Local Government (SLG) programs that serve to improve service delivery and outcomes for State and Local Government customers using AWS technology. You have strong experience leading cross-functional virtual teams in developing program requirements to implement team strategies, drive objectives, and lead through influence to meet business goals. You will work on planning, documenting, executing and measuring the results of projects that involve multiple stakeholders from various teams across the business.
*** This job can sit virtually within the US
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Lead programs throughout all phases of the project lifecycle, effectively managing scope, schedule and budget and stakeholder communications.
· Develop a deep understanding of SLG business requirements and goals, in order to achieve the right results, with the right quality, and at the right time
· Develop relationships and connections with internal and external customers, and stakeholders
· Proven ability to effectively distill vast amounts of information about key business initiatives, sales programs and methodologies, and business processes into clear, concise project plans and communications
· Use project management tools and technology to track progress and provide regular reporting to management and other stakeholders
· Operate independently, seeking guidance and direction as needed
Basic Qualifications· 5+ years professional experience in project management
· 1+ year experience in a SW company using AWS and/or cloud computing products
· 2+ years experience working within a IT organization supporting the public sector market (federal, state or local government)
Preferred Qualifications· PMP or equivalent certification
· Strong verbal, written, and visual communications skills
· Proven ability to operate as a self-starter in a highly matrixed environment; ability to execute autonomously and as part of a team
· 3+ years in a technology company
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.