Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, and low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. The AWS Training & Certification team is seeking a driven, talented, and experienced recruiting programs leader and manager to implement a global, world class multi-level AWS technical recruiting program to address the demand for skilled cloud IT professionals.
In this role, with your passion for developing others, you will help recruit and onboard early career technical hires on their journey to become skilled cloud IT professionals by administering a multi-modal training program that combines instructor led training, lab exercises, scenario-based project sprints, and more to develop and hone cloud based and professional developments skills. Because at Amazon we pioneer, you will need to be forward thinking and creative in your approach to addressing big challenges and embrace novel solutions. In this role, you will need to be an excellent communicator, and it is expected that you will have the ability to work well with peers and students. Additionally, employing rigorous project and program management tactics, and gaining consensus and working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders are must-have attributes.
About Tech U
As a Program Manager, you will be part of the team managing AWS Tech U, which is an accelerated career development program for those who want to advance both their technical and business skills. This unique program consists of a 6-month, instructor-led, project-based learning curriculum, followed by a 6-month On-the-Job Training (OJT) learning assignment within various business units across AWS worldwide operations.
Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Roles and Responsibilities:
– Plan and operationalize an internal and customer-facing technical recruiting program
– Analyze success metrics for recruiting, hiring and on-boarding recent university graduates across global regions including North and South America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia.
– Partner with internal campus recruiting teams and industry recruiting teams to both ensure program consistency across many global recruiting regions, and to leverage or resolve country and region-specific strategies or challenges
– Develop and document recruiting workflows and processes
– Manage program recruiting budget and cost analysis
– Build and maintain recruiting metrics: development, tracking, and reporting
Basic Qualifications· 5+ years of experience managing international recruiting in multiple different countries (any global geographies or countries)
· 3+ years of program or project management, preferably for recruiting-related programs
· Bachelor degree or equivalent industry experience
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to travel up to 50% including global travel
Preferred Qualifications· An AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner or Associate-level certification
· Experience with relocating employees across country boundaries, including researching and managing immigration issues and needs
· Recent experience in a fast-paced, multinational technology company
· Proficiency with statistics and data analysis
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.