Excited by the disruptive potential of cutting-edge technology? Want to help the largest global enterprises understand the challenges and opportunities of new technologies as they emerge? Thrilled to be key part of Amazon, who has been investing in disruptive innovation for decades, pioneering and shaping the world’s technology?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are helping large enterprises on their journey to research and learn about new technologies in cloud computing. Our Professional Services organization works together with our AWS customers in scientific research collaborations to prepare their business for disruptive technologies. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs. In our Global Specialist Practice, you will also have the opportunity to publish in scientific journals, create white papers, writing blogs, build demos and other reusable collateral that can be used by our customers, and, most importantly, you will work closely with our Solution Architects, Service Engineering teams, and industry partners.
AWS Professional Services is a unique consulting team. We pride ourselves on being customer obsessed and highly focused on the enablement of our customers. If you have academic and/or industry experience, we’d like to have you join our team. You will get to work with an innovative company, with great teammates, and have a lot of fun helping our customers.
A successful candidate will be a person who enjoys diving deep into customer problems, conducting research-grade case studies, working across teams with academic and industry experts, and shaping long-term technology roadmaps for customers. It will be a person who likes to have fun, loves to learn, and wants to innovate in the world of cloud computing. Major responsibilities include:
· Understand the customer’s business need in different industries and guide them to a solution using our AWS Services.
· Develop approaches to industry problems in optimization, simulation and machine learning and execute customer projects and cases studies end-to-end.
· Develop a deep understanding of emerging technologies and innovate in co-designing novel algorithms on these platforms.
· Collaborate with AWS Service and research teams to continually improve the customer experience
· Publish papers in scientific journals, create white papers, write blogs, and build demos and other reusable collateral to help customers.
· As this is a customer facing role, you will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
If you do not live in a market where we have an open position, please feel free to apply. Our Consultants can live in any location where we have a Professional Service office.
Basic Qualifications· PhD in a natural science or computer science related field
· Experience using Python or similar programming language
· 4+ years of experience in conducting research oriented projects
· Publications or presentation track record in recognized academic journals/conferences in a relevant field
· Experience giving quantitative presentations in front of large audiences
· Extended travel to customer locations may be required to deliver professional services, as needed
Preferred Qualifications· Academic or industry experience in could computing
· 2+ years of consulting experience and track record of helping customers in emerging technologies
· Able to write production level code, which is well-written and explainable
· Experience with AWS technologies like EC2, S3, CodeCommit, & Cloudwatch
· Familiarity with using data visualization tools
· Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within our customers’ organizations
· Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.