Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (“cloud computing”). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager to help accelerate and simplify the global delivery of WW Enablement programs to WW Sales by focusing on three main areas, optimization, standardization and execution. As the steward of the mechanism, you will be responsible for owning the end-to-end process for delivering service category enablement programs that equip the field with the training required to be effective in having the right customer conversations to drive measurable business results. As the WWE Project Manager for the service category series, you will lead the execution of key project work-streams throughout the project’s lifecycle; developing standard methods to optimize project implementation within the organization for future programs so that we continue to deliver programs faster with increasing quality and results.
To be successful in this role you’ll maintain a 20K foot view of the process while staying connected to the details. Your super power is problem-solving, able and willing to dive deep to assess symptoms to identify root cause of issues and implement improvements quickly. This position engages with the several stakeholders supporting the extended AWS sales organization including those in business development, product marketing, operations, instructional design, communications, Public Sector, the APN partner team as well as a global team of enablement professionals. Therefore you must have the ability to communicate effectively across, and build trust with, multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other culture and geographies while managing multiple projects at once, own schedules, outline key milestones, and traffic deliverables so projects are delivered on time with great quality. A keen understanding of how to use different applications to extract business insights and familiarity with learning platforms are preferable. This is a hands-on position in a fast paced team – the ideal candidate must be willing to “roll up the sleeves” make decisions quickly so we get things done!
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Develop and maintain project plans, identify resource needs, and manage project schedule
· Collaborate effectively across teams to define strategy, goals and commitment to timelines and deliverables
· Own communications to project members and stakeholders on progress, issues, and risks including regular status updates and analysis
· Develop change management strategies by identifying key stakeholders, approach, and communication plans for implementation of new processes, technology, and/or tools.
· Collaborate effectively while managing competing priorities,
· Use analytical skills to dive deep, drive insights, develop detailed action plans, and tracking progress.
· Propose trade-offs and provide risk assessment to management
· Work effectively with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent verbal and writing skills for non-technical and technical audiences
· Proven track record of managing and executing programs from start to finish.
· Problem-solving skills and the abilities to analyze quantitatively and effectively prioritize deliverables
· Bring sense of humor to their work, crafting sustainable deep relationships with the team which they enable.
Basic Qualifications· 8+ years of project and / or launch management experience with increasing influence and responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications· Strategic thinker that can take broad visions and concepts and develop structured plans, actions and measurable metrics and then execute those plans.
· Proven excellent program management skills
· Proven ability to lead and manage across varying levels without direct authority
· Experience with Cloud Technology
· Experience with different learning platforms and applications (MindTickle, Brainshark)
· Bachelor’s degree
· Excellent communications skills including, presenting, editing, and writing as well as accuracy and attention to detail required.
· A fast-thinking, high-energy individual with a sense of humor and ability to work with a wide range of personalities will thrive in this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.