Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in every major industry. Increasingly, these companies are looking at AWS not just as a technology provider, but as a strategic partner that can speed their ability to innovate in the fast and ever-changing digital economy.
The AWS Sales Strategy, Operations and Enablement (SSOE) team is seeking a customer-obsessed experienced professional to work with critical accounts to drive revenue growth for the AWS Platform – this is a fantastic opportunity for a proven cross-functional Program Manager to help accelerate the overall business. Success will require the ability to collaborate effectively with internal senior stakeholders (including field account teams, licensing professionals, business development, marketing and professional services), and operationalize mechanisms and best practices to enable account teams to proactively stay ahead of the competition. Specifically, this role will work with top accounts to manage a ‘win-room’ mechanism to help top accounts with their growth acceleration agendas.
The candidate will help implement and shape the mechanism in real time. Core activities may include meeting organization, facilitation, reporting, monitoring and measurement – all aspects from planning and aligning stakeholder expectations to execution of all activities necessary to ensure successful implementation. The successful candidate will work closely with the global team of Enterprise and Platform Business Development Managers, Program Leaders, Solutions Managers, and cross-functional global enterprise and industry virtual teams, Professional Services, Training, Sales Enablement, Sales Operations, Marketing, and Sales teams. Candidate must be comfortable with leading and influencing cross-functional global teams in dynamic organizations, as most of your responsibilities will have interdependencies with other teams within AWS.
The right candidate is comfortable with planning and executing on various stages of strategic program management; has proven project management expertise, and outstanding written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated experience working effectively in a fast-paced, high-pressure, entrepreneurial environment with a strong desire to roll up sleeves; and proven experience managing priorities and working effectively across a number of internal stakeholders and priorities.
Basic Qualifications· BS degree in science, engineering, or business
· 10+ years’ experience in Enterprise Sales/Services, Strategy/Operations or Management Consulting, Project and Program Management
· 10+ years of experience leading high visibility efforts/programs in support of a mid-to-large scale, multi-geographical, high-growth and technology sales organization
· Travel required (up to 40%)
Preferred Qualifications· Demonstrated success in program management and project management with multiple cross-functional stakeholders; global experience preferred
· Experience in data-driven decision-making – both setting up the framework and effectively analyzing data and feedback for insights
· Understanding of cloud computing concepts
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with a track record of presenting to senior management
· Experience in developing business case and proposals
· Exhibits sound business judgment with a proven ability to influence others
· Strong analytical skills with a proven track record of taking ownership; leading data-driven analyses and influencing results especially in a matrix environment
· Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization and to turn ideas into concrete action plans
· Ability to develop strong, productive relationships across peer organizations that foster collaboration and best practice sharing
· Focus on demonstrating business impact and measurable results
· Demonstrated ability to define, refine and implement programs, processes & policies
· Proficiency with Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and SharePoint; experience with Salesforce.com is a plus
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation experience
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records