The AWS Justice and Public Safety (JPS) Team is revolutionizing public safety by utilizing innovative technologies to support safer communities and best practices use of technology, specifically in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. As part of that effort, we’re developing a variety of different programs to support customers and partners. We then team up with community-based partners, public safety agencies, and privacy groups in order to implement–and then drive–these different programs across the country. Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services by engaging with JPS customers and partners that are reinventing their business and IT strategy by adopting cloud computing? Do you have the business savvy, government experience and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider?
As a Principal BDM within Amazon Web Services (AWS) focusing on the Justice and Public Safety market, you will have the exciting opportunity to help deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon SimpleDB, Amazon RDS, etc). Your broad responsibilities will include developing and managing a growing book of business for the JPS vertical. You will help to define and identify key opportunities, markets, contract vehicles and solutions. You will establish deep business and technical relationships through your knowledge of the customer’s mission and the environment. You will have day-to-day interactions with the CXO level people in the top accounts. The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the executive level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects at a high level. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the JPS team in helping to deliver on the overall AWS market and technical strategy – contribute to program development, investments, channel development and other important efforts to make AWS JPS the best fit for our customers’ and partners’ needs.
· Be a thought leader and an executive relationship builder
· Set a strategic plan for your target markets and ensure it’s in line with the AWS strategic direction.
· Understand the technical considerations and certifications specific to the JPS market as well as the dynamic within JPS accounts around decision making.
· Execute the strategic sales & business development plans while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
· Identify specific prospects/partners/channels to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
· Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
· Expand on our training and general knowledge management systems in an effort to bridge the gap between front-line team members, partners, advocacy groups, and community partners.
· Build a comprehensive training system, including both internal and external knowledge management programs. Assist in building and maintaining instructional design, knowledge management programs, and learning management systems in order to ensure consistency in partner trainings, as well as amongst internal personnel.
· Work across Partner Success and Operations to ensure that the internal personnel have the training materials needed to perform their job at an exceptional level.
· Build and support a Public Safety Partner Competency program
· Help build a partner facing knowledge management system that combines educational articles, videos, and FAQs with marketing friendly guides on how to best utilize the AWS Public Safety Programs, Services, Solutions.
· 3+ years of experience in an instructional design, training or related role.
· 10+ years of experience in program/project management role requiring cross-functional coordination.
· 10+ years of public safety experience either as a practitioner or in providing services.
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a communication, education or related field.
· Experience building programs in fast-paced environments.
· Experience in both the architecture of larger training programs and systems, with the ability to create training materials.
· Ability to build and maintain knowledge management programs for both internal personnel, and external stakeholders.
· Experience drafting learning modules in objective language, in addition to creating reference guides and/or best practices articles meant for marketing purposes.
· Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, and/or project management.
· Customer service experience.
· 20+ years of public safety experience either as a practitioner or in providing services.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity