Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. Are you passionate about the intersection of cloud computing, blockchain and distributed ledgers? Do you have the ability to put together unique cutting-edge solutions that bring together various technologies for breakthrough business outcomes? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills?.
At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will become a trusted adviser to our customers and will work with AWS sales, business development, and solution architects to drive adoption and revenue. This will include focusing on Amazon Managed Blockchain on Hyperledger Fabric and Ethereum and working along with other emerging technologies such as IOT, AI/ML and Serverless.
AWS is seeking a Sr. Business Development Manager (BDM) for our application services. The BDM will be responsible for developing and deploying go-to-market strategies across geographies and industries. The BDM will define, build and deploying effective and targeted programs to accelerate broad based sales and business development activities for applied AWS Blockchain services. The BDM will facilitate the enablement of business development, sales and solution architects with specific customer centric value proposition about Blockchain and will directly interface with the Blockchain product management and development teams regarding customer and partner requirements. The BDM will work closely across multiple internal and external organizations – AWS Business Development, Sales, Marketing, Partners, and Blockchain communities – to position the AWS Blockchain services for customers and partners, and provide guidance on the value proposition and benefit those customers and partners. The BDM will be directly helping our customers to reinvent their own business models by harnessing the power of AWS Blockchain technologies; driving specific adoption and deals with key customers.
In addition, the BDM will synthesize data and information gathered from these engagements into succinct findings, derive strategic insights, and persuasively communicate findings and perspectives to product and sales teams, including senior leadership. The BDM will work with business development, sales and solution architecture teams to track, prioritize and close customer engagements that would benefit from the AWS Blockchain services, and collaborate and coordinate with cross-functional teams around these engagements where appropriate.
The ideal candidate will possess a Technology and Business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of large enterprises and partners. The candidate will have both the business and technical depth to effectively communicate the benefits of Blockchain services from the AWS cloud to IT architects, engineering teams, and C-Level executives. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex global businesses, and understand the impacts that these forces have on AWS’s Blockchain services. The ideal candidate will also be familiar with enterprise grade IT, complex legacy IT environments, managed enterprise IT infrastructure services, Enterprise applications, and would have done market analysis, deal negotiation and construction, business operations; and have a background that enables them to create scalable programs that apply holistic approaches to selling to Enterprises and Enterprise Partners.
Roles & Responsibilities:
– Engage in senior level customer meetings to drive Amazon Managed Blockchain adoption. Diving into customer’s business challenges and executing strategies on how the AWS Blockchain services can help address and resolve these challenges.
– Serve as an evangelist for the AWS Blockchain Services within AWS and externally.
– Define, build and deploy enterprise focused sales and business development campaigns around the AWS Blockchain offerings.
-Engage, support and scale business development and sales teams across AWS to be capable of delivering the AWS Blockchain value proposition to customers and partners.
– Develop a standard, dynamic, market intelligence framework to be utilized by the AWS Sales, Business Development and Marketing teams.
– Bring the various stakeholders together to help build collective mindshare in driving adoption of AWS Blockchain Services.
– Establish mechanisms to measure and track metrics related to adoption of the AWS Blockchain Services, and execute improvements to the approach based on those measurements.
– Prepare and deliver business reviews to the senior management regarding the AWS Blockchain Services business.
Basic Qualifications5+ years enterprise selling outsourcing or managed services, preferably cloud, hosted and managed services in technology industry.
– Experience developing, launching, managing and deploying Blockchain or other high level services (AI, ML, IOT) products.
Preferred Qualifications– Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
– Experience launching new SaaS services, and developing cloud products in their first year of life.
– Demonstrated experience interfacing with data scientists and data engineers successfully.
– Solid enterprise negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen.
– Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business.
– Experience with Distributed Ledger Technologies, Cryptography
– Understanding of smart contracts for blockchain frameworks such as Hyperledger Fabric, Hyperledger Sawtooth, Ethereum, and Corda
– Experience with, and detailed knowledge of managed services market and insights related to cloud computing.
– Strong communications (verbal and written) and leadership skills are a must.
-Experience writing articles (business and technical), speaking at business or technology conferences, or publishing whitepapers / thought leadership content.
– 5+ years of business development, enterprise sales, strategic partnerships, or program/product management experience.
– Consulting or change leadership roles within enterprise organizations.
– Experience selling to Fortune 1000 and/or Global 2000 organizations.
– MBA or equivalent relevant business experience.
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for Seattle.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.