Are you comfortable making decisions that analyze market data, product features and business terms to develop recommendations that represent a win-win for all parties? Can you take complex scenarios and simplify them down to the essentials, crafting an elegant approach that drives customer adoption and revenue growth?
As a Business Development Manager focused on Cloud Intelligence within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy for using intelligence and insights to programmatically scale AWS’s cloud computing business. Your responsibilities will include working directly with customers and partners and supporting the AWS Sales, Marketing, BD and products teams to help win competitive sales engagements. You will serve as an expert resource on knowledge of cloud, IT applications and infrastructures, working with our field teams to understand the benefits of migrating to AWS. When necessary, you will bring in other AWS resources to help our customers properly evaluate their options.
The ideal candidate will possess a business and technical background that enables them to drive engagements and communicate the benefits of AWS to IT architects, engineering teams and C-Level executives. You should have demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the complex business and technical needs of customers. You should also have detailed knowledge and a strong technical understanding of cloud concepts, vendors in general, and AWS specifically.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive AWS engagements with our customers and partners.
· Able to handle questions or concerns about AWS value proposition, as compared to our competitors
· Manage deal review updates and interview pipeline end-to-end
· Produce insights based on customer feedback
· Research and analyze competitors
· Work with AWS Sales, BD and Marketing teams, drive proactive competitive intelligence conversations and positive engagements with our customers
· Understand the business and technical requirements of our customers and partners and determine how their needs can best be met by AWS.
· Provide training to internal stakeholders
· Be a go-to sales resource and sales liaison between cloud intelligence and the field.
· Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market
Basic Qualifications· 7-10 years of Enterprise Technology experience driving large initiatives, preferably working in a partner, pre-sales solution engineering, solution architecture or business development role
· 3+ years of experience in market research, business intelligence, consulting or competitive intelligence
· Must possess demonstrated analytical skills and thrive in a detail-oriented environment
· Strong phone communication skills
· Team player with strong interpersonal and organizational skills
· Some understanding of health care sciences required
· Entrepreneurial and self-sufficient: work with little oversight delivering high-quality results and driving own agenda
· Effective oral and written communication skills in order to be efficient in a multi-national and multi-cultural organization
· Effective problem-solving and mediation skills
· Strong planning, project management and problem-solving skills
· Customer focused, result oriented with high level of integrity
· Ability to adapt to fast-paced and changing environments
· Excellent presentation skills
· Basic Office software and working knowledge of SFDC
· Technical understanding of Cloud Computing concepts in general and/or AWS specific technologies, platforms and solutions
· Clear track record of managing complex projects and programs while demonstrating exceptional business judgement.
· MBA, Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and analytics
· Demonstrable customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
· Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· Demonstrated ability to engage and influence executives.
· Technical Certification on AWS and at least one other Public Cloud Platform
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
· Proven ability to influence road maps
· Lead cross-functional projects targeted at optimizing sales effectiveness.
· Experience developing content and solution selling to scale across thousands of sales reps and/or partners
· Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.