AWS Engagement Managers seek to understand our Strategic customer’s needs, their business, how success is defined, and ensure that we are exceeding expectations in delivery and developing valued solutions. Engagement Managers lead individuals, teams or multiple groups and play an active role in analyzing project goals, creating a plan to achieve those goals, and then driving the AWS team members, customer Stakeholders/SMEs and potentially other third parties to achieve those goals while understanding the client environment and any limitations to execution.
Tactically, AWS Engagement Managers are responsible for managing scope, schedule, and cost. Our Engagement Managers leverage AWS’s delivery methodology to manage project teams made up of both business and technical resources. Engagement Managers must leverage their management and leadership capabilities to successfully deliver to their team(s) plan, proactively identify and manage risks, resolve issues and escalate where appropriate to drive projects to successful completion, while exceeding customer expectations.
· Demonstrates ability to plan, organize and manage all phases of a project lifecycle to ensure successful delivery. This includes developing and managing project governance plans, project schedules, team goals and success criteria, project milestones, and budgets. Also includes ownership and responsibility to manage issues, risks, decisions and outcomes from their team’s tasks and activities, and the overall success of a project.
· A team player who effectively integrates, motivates and builds relationships with cross-functional team members (local or remote), sponsors, key stakeholders, executives, and other individuals or organizations involved with or affected by the project.
· Demonstrates the ability to understand the operating styles of others as well as team/client relationships, team dynamics, and adjusts behavior accordingly to succeed. Recognizes environmental or cultural nuances and adapts.
· Ability to challenge, recommend and redirect teams as well as client expectations as necessary for successful program and project delivery.
· Actively looks for ways to improve process efficiencies and effectiveness.
· Takes proactive steps to ensure teams meet or exceed customer expectations.
· Ability to demonstrate experience to successfully manage two or more concurrent projects/customers.
· Experience leveraging formal project management and development methodologies on an enterprise level engagement.
· Has managed projects using Waterfall, Iterative and Agile methodologies.
· Possesses a deep knowledge of project management best practices and how to apply them in an effective yet pragmatic way across large, complex projects.
· A history of increasing leadership responsibility and career growth in project management.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with team members and audiences of all levels. Plans and oversees the preparation and dissemination of project communications.
· Competency in Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Project toolsets and source code management products.
This is a customer facing role. You be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
Basic Qualifications· 5+ years’ experience leading the delivery of enterprise-level IT consulting projects
· 2+ years’ experience working as a ScrumMaster across multiple cross-functional teams
· Led teams and engagements utilizing agile approaches, value and principles as well as Scrum framework
· Understands the value proposition of the public cloud and has delivered cloud engagements (IaaS, PaaS, Saas)
· Experience with Agile and Project Management (APM) toolsets (Jira, RallyDev, VersionOne, Taiga, etc).
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
· Has at least one active project management certification (e.g., APM, CSM, PMI-ACP, PRINCE2)
· AWS Experience and Certifications.
· Managed technical projects consisting of 8 or more people totaling over $1,000,000 budget
· Managed and delivered IT engagements for a Fortune 100 company.
· Managed engagements using both Waterfall and Agile/Iterative methodologies.
· Bachelor’s Degree in STEM, MBA or Masters in Computer Science.
· Has presented to C-level executives (CIO, CEO, CTO, CISO, etc.) as well as to technical subject matter experts.
· FinancialForce Professional Services Automation (PSA) for Salesforce
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.