Want to disrupt an industry by delighting customers? Looking for a job where your work can have direct and massive impact? Excited to join one of the newest and most exciting AWS services? Come be a leader on a team that is building a product that will touch millions of people daily.
Amazon Connect is a highly disruptive cloud-based contact center that enables businesses to deliver engaging, dynamic, and personal customer service experiences. Amazon Connect is the result of the ten years of development that went into building the tools Amazon uses to provide its award winning customer service at massive scale and launching it as a publicly available AWS service. With Amazon Connect, you can create your own cloud-based contact center and be taking calls in minutes. Amazon Connect leverages the power of Artificial Intelligence and the large ecosystem of AWS services such as Amazon Lex, Amazon Polly, AWS Lambda, Amazon S3 and Amazon Kinesis to provide a truly frustration free, easy-to-use, extensible, and natural customer experience. With this technology, we are transforming an industry and the way customers interact with businesses and how agents service them.
From Day 1, this program manager is given ownership of highly ambiguous and complex problems; the autonomy to think strategically and make data driven decisions; and the ability to drive significant impact to the customer experience. As the senior Program Manager, you will be key improving our carrier and telephony reconciliation and fraud prevention and detection processes. You will help build reporting mechanisms, identify opportunities, manage stakeholders and vendors, establish new processes, respond to escalations, work with cross-functional partners to communicate issues and progress, and verify that customer-focused reconciliation and fraud prevention solutions that protect Amazon Connect customers around the globe are implemented. This role requires working closely with cross-functional technical and non-technical teams. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, threats, and risks. Excellent writing skills, good judgement, and strong analytics competency are essential. Scrappiness is a must, as is the ability to dive deep into the data to deliver results. The position represents a rare opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing business soon after launch, and help shape the product as we grow.
· Determine strategic working objectives, identify gaps, evaluate, recommend, and execute to achieve strategic priorities.
· Develop, execute, and drive scalable programs and adoption across multiple organizations and teams.
· Manage multiple complex cross-team projects and investigations end-to-end.
· Develop mechanisms to measure and report the effectiveness of programs.
· Operate and thrive with partial information and ambiguity and create structure for the space you own.
· Partner with internal teams to identify problems and real-time solutions, including data analytics and reporting.
· Provide strategic direction and thought leadership for reconciliation, fraud, and abuse.
· Partner with global stakeholders to accommodate country-specific use cases.
· Collaborate with stakeholders in multiple business and technical teams to define and deliver on agreed upon milestones.
· Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and make tradeoffs.
· Foster a culture of shared ideas and learning, sharing best practices with relevant teams.
· Negotiate and identify opportunities for cost improvement.
· Enable effective investigations and business team escalations in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
· Exhibits excellent judgment
· Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
· Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
· Drives new approaches and innovative solutions
· Strong results orientation
· Thinks big
· Dives deep to get to the root cause of problems
Basic QualificationsBasic Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, or related field
· 7+ years of experience managing cross-functional projects and programs with tight deadlines
· Prior experience in a Program Management or Project Management role
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications:
· MBA or Master’s in a related field
· Ability to dive deep into data, existing processes, people and systems in order to invent, simplify and improve inefficient or unnecessarily complex processes
· Experience working with telephony carriers
· Experience in running queries in order to get data from a DB.
· Industry experience at a multinational organization
· Program Management experience showing ability to organize tasks, prioritize competing demands, find solutions, and follow through to successful conclusions
· Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
· Experience working with and presenting to senior executives
· Comfort with ambiguity and an ability to work independently