Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) Service Catalog and the newly announced AWS Control Tower services? Do you have the technology background, insights, strategic business and marketing background necessary to help establish AWS Service Catalog and Control Tower as a key technology platforms? As Business Development Manager, you will have the exciting opportunity to help grow and shape the future of a growing industry trend, and drive adoption of AWS across a broad range of accounts, from SMB, to territory accounts, to enterprise accounts.
You will be at the heart of the latest enterprise migration trends in how AWS-based products and services are deployed, distributed and managed. You will guide the way AWS Field, customers, System Integrators and Cloud Service Providers package, distribute, deploy, and manage products and services on the AWS cloud and act as a subject matter expert. AWS Service Catalog and AWS Control Tower are fundamentally changing how organizations create and manage AWS-approved IT services at Cloud Scale. These IT services can include everything from virtual machine images, servers, software, and databases to complete multi-tier application architectures. AWS Service Catalog allows organizations to centrally manage IT services, and helps organizations achieve consistent governance and meet compliance requirements, while enabling users to quickly deploy only the approved IT services they need. AWS Control Tower is a new AWS Service that provides customers with a single location to provision and govern their AWS accounts and workloads with rules for security, operations, and compliance. We are looking for a technically savvy, hands on and experienced BD that can also own, develop and tactically execute technology enablement programs from conception through to completion. If you are passionate and knowledgeable about cloud technologies, and possess excellent technology enablement experience, AWS Service Catalog and AWS Control Tower could be the right fit for your next career move.
The ideal candidate will have a technology background and have experience developing technology enablement strategies and a Field and partner channel development background within a software or SaaS business. We are looking for a self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit who is prepared to work in a fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving. This individual must have the ability to develop and execute across multiple market segments, both nationally and internationally.
Responsibilities of the role include:
· Own definition and execution of the Field, Customer and Partner technology enablement strategies to drive technology adoption, drive lead generation, identify new opportunities and strengthen our market presence across various geographic regions.
· Develop, execute and manage customers and partners technology enablement plans, including events, goals, messaging, call to action, follow-up activities, and success metrics.
· Lead strategic and tactical execution of pre/post event and field programs as well as associated demand generation follow-up activities.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams (i.e. product, channel, AWS Partner Network, field, etc.) as well as regional and corporate marketing to determine event/program objectives, and drive pre and post execution activities.
· Evaluate, measure and report on strategic effectiveness of technology enablement programs and events.
Basic QualificationsBasic Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree.
· Solid track record at Enterprise or Solution Architecture roles at global complex organizations.
· Deep knowledge and experience of IT operations, Service Catalogs and cloud migration challenges.
· Proven experience as a trusted advisor for CXOs; creating, influencing and executing high impact business solutions.
· 5+ years of Infrastructure/Cloud Operations leadership experience in a Fortune 500 organization, consulting or technology partner.
· Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
· Proven ability to drive adoption of technology solutions in complex environments directly to customers and through technology partners.
· Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities in the face of ambiguity.
· 5+ years of business-to-business relevant field enablement, channel technology enablement experience within the high-technology industry.
· 5+ years of proven project management experience within a matrixed organization.
Bachelor’s degree in computing engineering, computer science, marketing.
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications
· MBA preferred.
· Ability to work with minimal to no supervision, with a proven ability to deliver results in the face of continuous change.
· Successful record of accomplishments in partner/channel/field enablement within the enterprise software and/or high‑technology companies.
· Ability comprehend and translate technical requirements/features into customer consumable artifacts.
· Ability to establish strong collaboration and build trust with extended teams and stakeholders to drive customer needs is key.
· Demonstrated experience in working with sales leaders in driving pipeline and revenue.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills – Writing well-formed business narratives are key to success
· Skilled negotiator with proven experience in finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget.
· Strong project management skills with experience gaining consensus and driving deliverables with individuals inside and outside the organization.
· Familiarity with Salesforce.com and Marketo preferred.
· Experience working in a scrappy, fast-paced and highly cross-functional global organization.
· Confident, self-motivated individual with strong, demonstrable bias for action and with an innate attention to detail.
· Role will need up to 50% travel (domestic/international) in the initial stages of the program build out.