Customer CEO: “Alexa, who can I trust to lead my organization through: identifying the necessary changes to my organization’s business and IT capabilities, key processes, ways of working, and workforce to ensure I derive the maximum benefits of adopting AWS at scale, while; creating a superior cloud customer experience that will resonate with my internal software development community, looking to adopt cloud and accelerate their time-to-value, as well as my external customers who expect a personalized interaction with my company, and; ensuring that my cloud adoption and transformation efforts succeed?”
Alexa: “People & Product Operating Model Consultants within AWS Professional Services will build your future-state operating model – your organization’s blueprint for change – to ensure that enterprise capabilities, key processes, ways of working, and workforce are refactored to align with the desired business outcomes that are driving your adoption of AWS. They then work with your executives to drive a cloud-enabled approach to organizational change management to ensure your transition is successful and sustained over the long-term.”
Do you come from a strong product development, IT operations, or organizational change management background, working with large (Global 2000, or comparable) enterprises? Do you have experience launching medium to large digital products or features? Are you excited by developing new business and IT capability models, processes, and career paths? Can you help our enterprise customers plan, build and mature their ability to run ‘Production Ready’ environments and operating models on AWS? Have you helped these enterprises reinvent themselves to create digital products, channels, and experiences? Have you implemented successful change management programs to support transformation initiatives within large (Global 2000, or comparable) enterprises? Does the prospect of creating an opinionated approach to transformation – combining org change management, the AWS cloud, and Digital Transformation – to help our customers become cloud-native, digital enterprises excite you?
We are searching for transformative product, operations, and organizational change management leaders to join the AWS Professional Services’ “People & Product Operating Models” practice to help our customers realize the true potential of the Cloud by adopting a product-based operating model. Migrating to the cloud is just the first step of the journey. Achieving ongoing value from a cloud transformation is contingent on re-envisioning business applications and IT shared-services landscapes as products. In this role you will help customers define and build their future-state operating model, learn how to continuously iterate and improve the value of their products going forward by incorporating real customer feedback and insights, and successfully define organizational change management strategies to lead the customer through a significant amount of change for the IT and Business organizations.
You will develop AWS frameworks and delivery mechanisms for product development, operating model design and implementation, and organizational change management. These frameworks and mechanisms will be specifically designed to help our customers successfully transition from operating datacenters to adopting cloud, organizing in functional silos across the Business and IT to cross-functional teams, and delivering short-lived “projects” to more permanent “products”. This shift, “from project to product”, is part of a larger transformation journey that AWS is a unique position to lead with our customers, leveraging our experiences and proven best-practices in operating this way across our business over several years. For IT shared-services departments, this means helping them create products that help software development teams and the business adopt AWS services quickly and sustainably. For software development teams and the business, this means helping to develop and improve the digital products that engage their end customers. In addition, the content, assets, and methodologies that we use to engage and transform our customers will also be managed and delivered as “products”.
Through deep professional services engagements, the ProServe People & Product Operating Model practice helps customers define their path to a “product-based operating model”, including defining requirements and changes to their existing products/capabilities, processes, and people/workforce. We then mentor and facilitate the execution and comprehensive organizational change management for the customer, working with their leaders and teams to ensure that these transitions are successful and sustained after we leave.
Key responsibilities include
· Integrating Amazon and industry best-practices for new product ideation and development into customer-facing product management consulting offerings
· Developing a methodologies to assess current-state IT capabilities against the customer’s desired business outcomes, and design a future-state and roadmap to support a successful transition and realization of these outcomes.
· Developing a methodologies and assets to help AWS customers assess and re-envision their existing application and operations portfolios as products through the creation of domain driven “product taxonomies”
· Developing product management methodologies and frameworks to be leveraged by both IT and the Business to continuously improve their products to better serve the needs of their internal and external customers
· Developing an opinionated change management methodology and supporting best-practices to ensure successful adoption of AWS and a product-based operating model that leverages small, cross-functional product teams.
· Creating an integrated approach to product management, operations, and org change management that transitions our customers to a “product-based operating model” on AWS successfully.
· Leveraging this approach to create billable consulting offerings and engagements to support multiple large programs within AWS Professional Services and our partners.
· Creating scalable templates, documentation, and deliverables to enable delivery by ProServe consultants and partners worldwide
· Ensuring ProServe consultants, internal partners, and external partners are trained and enabled on our product, operating model, and change management methodologies.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, IT operations, HR, communication, or related fields
· 7-10 years’ experience in Digital Product Management, Business/IT Operations, HR, OCM, or related fields
· Experience establishing and managing executive level relationships with key senior business stakeholders
· Deep expertise in one or more of the following: Lean Startup/Enterprise Methodology, User Experience, Product Management
· Experience working Agile delivery models: Scrum, SAFe, or XP
· Previous experience delivering large-scale Business or IT operations improvement initiatives, with proven effective organizational change management
· Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
· Strong knowledge of operations tools such as ServiceNow, Remedy, Splunk, Chef, Puppet, SumoLogic, DataDog, Trend EPS
· Experience working with IT Service Management and Operations frameworks (ITIL, TOGAF)
· Ability to coach and develop product management, operations, and org change management best-practices and competencies in individuals and teams
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills – able to interface with all levels of the organizations
· Proven ability to influence without authority
· Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
· Demonstrate strong judgement, independent thinking and creative approach to overcome obstacles and issues during change execution
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally to major customer markets: Americas, EMEA, APJC, and ANZ (up to 80%)
Preferred Qualifications· Proven experience taking a digital product or feature from an initial idea to launch
· Operational excellence mind-set and experience. Data driven. Excellent problem-solving skills; Adept at simplifying complexity and developing scalable propositions
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
· Previous experience building products or services that leverage cloud-based services
· Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities
· Hands on experience leading large-scale digital or lean transformation projects
· Designing, building, and operating global IT infrastructure services
· MBA or equivalent