If you are someone who has passion for managing large scale projects and you have demonstrated experience for the same, we would love to hear from you. The ideal candidate has the courage of conviction. They are quick on their feet, make solid decisions, and are flexible to see various sides of a situation. Your experience of building teams, processes, and tools will be extremely handy in this opportunity. You will have an opportunity to create and drive projects, processes and programs that will influence several thousands of customers and partners. It is important that you can earn trust of your peers, stakeholders, and executives through your body of work and consistency. Most importantly, you are able to lead by example and grow your team. If you have exhibited these skills in delivery of large scale projects and programs, you will enjoy this role. This role has VP and Senior VP level visibility and it will test your skills of abstraction and attention to detail, at the same time. This role requires ambition, thinking big, self-motivation, and the ability to thrive in a very ambiguous, fast-paced, collaborative, and startup-like environment.
The Senior Engagement Manager position is a hybrid role that understands our business and its objectives, and then can design, prototype & manage projects and replicate to deliver exceptional business outcomes.
In this role, you will draw upon deployment and management skills, project management, critical thinking, problem-solving, and a passion for building. You will be the single point, driving the management of complex technical requirements and collaborate effectively with cross-functional business teams between AWS and its partners to implement projects and programs. You will interact with a broad cross-section of the Amazon organization, spanning a wide range of technologies, and engaging with external vendors and internal teams. In Amazon Web Services, Engagement Managers are the backbone of the project execution, run our largest cross-customer projects, and coordinate with other teams on high scale deliverables.
· Lead complex, enterprise IT projects for our strategic customers
· Manage budget and Fixed/Variable cost for the programs / projects
· Manage medium to large technical projects with minimal supervision
· Perform key team roles in an Agile software development environment (Scrum Master, Product Manager)
· Manage ambiguity and energize the team to stay focused on short term and long-term goals
· Earn trust through regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control
· Own the metrics for project success. Define, measure and report on these metrics. We make decisions based on data
· Be resourceful and find creative solutions to complex technical and organizational challenges
· Write documentation and test plans
· Demonstrate extraordinary people skills, customer obsession and attention to detail
Domestic travel may be required.
Basic Qualifications· 7+ years of technical Program Management experience in a related industry
· 5+ years experience writing project planning and implementation documentation
· 5+ years of experience utilizing Agile methodology
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
Preferred Qualifications· Master’s or advanced technical degree
· Professional Certification such as PMP, CSM or SSM
· Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation