Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtual infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale. Businesses, from start-ups to enterprises, run their operations and applications on AWS’s multi-tenant infrastructure. Governmental organizations are also looking to and depending on AWS for cloud solutions and services.
The World Wide Public Sector team is looking for an exceptional Senior Manager, Technical Business Development and Specialty Sales to build our fast growing Technical Business Development team. The TechBD team is focused on specific AWS Service areas such as AI/ML, Database and Analytics, Migrations, Security and Containers.
This position is virtual near a major airport. You will build and lead a cadre of technical business development and specialty sales professionals responsible for customer facing pursuit and oversight of Business Development activities across the United States, Canada and Latin America. As the TechBD leader, your teams are responsible for on-contract customer relationship management, adherence and delivery of contract terms and conditions, tracking and reporting key performance indicators, coordinating and communicating customer needs among AWS service owners, and maintaining a positive customer experience overall.
As a Senior Manager, Technical Business Developer and Specialty Sales, you will spend the majority of your time partnering with Amazon technical business leaders, hardware and software engineering leaders, AWS Service teams, and technical program managers. You will also routinely meet with senior customer executives engaged in strategic planning efforts to enable Amazon to add new, manage and grow team capacity. You will work with senior executives to develop broad roadmaps and capacity plans that justify and deliver AWS services to meet our customer’s mission requirements.
The role requires broad subject matter expertise in public sector enterprise IT infrastructure delivery programs. You must be able to demonstrate your ability to consider long term implications while delivering tactically through specific past performance examples. The successful candidate will possess subject matter expertise in technical program management, technical business development, and working at the senior executive level with government enterprise customers and within AWS to build trust and deliver results.
In this role you will work hard, have fun, and change the world.
· Develop relationships and earn trust among AWS service team owners, and infrastructure delivery teams.
· Develop relationships and earn trust among senior executives within the United States public sector and customers in Latin America and Canada.
· Think Bigger while working backward from the customer’s mission needs to inform and develop supporting business cases, acquisition strategies, implementation roadmaps, and technical plans.
· Hire and develop the best team to ensure AWS continues to delight our customers and deliver on all aspects of our contractual commitments.
· Participate in customer facing and AWS internal long lead infrastructure expansion plans, capacity requirements, and community wide utilization forecasts.
· Up to 50% travel required.
Basic Qualifications· 10 + years managing information technology programs in a Technical Business Development or Technical Sales function or equivalent.
· Demonstrable ability to present technical and programmatic briefings to executive customer executives.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Information Technology Management, or Similar Relevant Field of Study.
Preferred Qualifications· Demonstrable record of being detail-oriented with relatable past examples showing ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
· Demonstrable Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
· Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
· Knowledge in Latin America market
· Knowledge in Canada market
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age