Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Millions of businesses in 150+ countries, from start-ups to Fortune 500 enterprises, across all industries including public sector, run their operations and applications on AWS. Many of these customers seek help from AWS Professional Services (ProServe) in their transition to a cloud-based IT operating model.
Have you built and led a successful IT transformation at a Fortune 1000 company? Can you lead world class teams that drive breakthrough business outcomes using new IT delivery models? Can you build and lead a Global Specialty Practice (GSP) focused on reengineering our customers’ IT operating models for life in the cloud, including: developing new technical and non-technical capabilities, implementing new processes and ways of working, retooling the people and organization overall to realize and sustain the maximum benefits from their investment in AWS? Are you a current or former IT leader (VP, CIO/CTO) who has also led a change management consulting team? If yes, you just might be the ideal candidate for a Sr. Practice Manager role within the Advisory GSP focused on People and IT Operating Models.
We are seeking an action-oriented leader, with demonstrated history of delivery best-in-class solutions and managing world-class talent, who is craving to be part of a great company in a fast-growing industry. We need someone that will thrive in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be able to craft a forward-looking strategy while clearly outlining the investment and multi-step go-to-market plan necessary to help AWS customers realize the value from their technology investments. The Sr. Practice Manager will have a team direct reports and an indirect team of professionals. He/She is expected to have the skills to excel in all aspects of business development, people management, solution building, delivery oversight/QA, and program management. The ability to thread the needle on organizational change and put the new cloud-based IT (product) operating models in place with customers is important, particularly in the context of being a change agent in the broader enterprise. We expect you to stay close to the details and personally make an impact, in addition to leading through others.
· Hire, develop, and retain top talent
· Seek out customer feedback to refine existing solutions/offerings and create new ones
· Identify and develop specific customer opportunities and provide delivery/QA oversight
· Plan and oversee a portfolio of projects – both customer-facing engagements and internal programs
· Develop and deliver thought leadership at various executive summits
· Inspire customers, partners, and internal stakeholders to incorporate people elements in their transformation plans
· Coach teams (customer, partner, AWS) to be self-sufficient
Basic Qualifications· 5+ years of experience leading a WW change management program
· 10+ years of leadership experience, managing global teams across technical and non-technical domains
· 10+ years in a global hi-tech Professional Services Organization – building and leading consulting businesses
· Track record of deploying a cloud-based IT operating model in Fortune 500 enterprises
· Track record for managing complex projects with aggressive schedules and scarce resources; detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
· Outstanding customer relationship management experience and collaboration skills
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
· Deep understanding of cloud computing change management challenges and solutions
· Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills; strong public speaker
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
· BS level degree required, computer science, business or math background preferred
Preferred Qualifications· International sales and delivery experience w/ global Fortune 500 enterprise customers and partners
· Experience deploying AWS services in distributed environments with Fortune 500 enterprise companies
· Advanced certifications in Organizational Change Management