Would you like to accelerate cloud computing adoption at the Enterprise level? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) by engaging with worldwide public sector organizations who are reinventing their IT strategy with AWS cloud computing? Do you have the business savvy, public sector industry experience, and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider?
As a Bid and Proposal Manager for the Worldwide Public Sector team at AWS, you lead our effort to deliver game-changing solutions to partners, system integrators, and other companies operating within the public sector market. You have the exciting opportunity to create technical strategies to build mindshare and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon SimpleDB, Amazon RDS, etc). Your responsibilities include working with members of the AWS Public Sector Partner and Sales teams to develop winning, innovative proposals including written responses for RFIs/RFQs/RFPs (RFx); oral presentations and demonstrations; and unsolicited documents and white papers.
The ideal candidate possesses demonstrated public sector proposal management and proposal technical writing experience and the B&P process development and leadership necessary to effectively support a high growth business. The candidate has industry background that enables them to develop win themes and technical discriminators for inclusion into proposals, a contracts background that enables them to easily interact with legal staff, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with technical leaders, software developers, and solutions architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions in a written context. The candidate should be familiar with U.S. Government acquisition guidelines and be experienced with Federal RFx compliance requirements.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the AWS Worldwide Public Sector team leading technical proposal responses to RFx opportunities.
· Execute the technical RFx proposal response plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. capture, partner managers, sales teams, service teams, legal, support, compliance, finance, etc.).
· Develop win themes, technical discriminators, and innovative pricing strategies working with AWS stakeholders specific to RFx opportunities.
· Validate RFP response requirements and ensure proposal compliance, and act as the primary interface for RFx response efforts.
· Build a library of approved proposal content for quick-turnaround opportunities.
· Be a thought leader with respect to proposal responses, win themes, technical discriminators, pricing, etc.
Basic Qualifications· At least 10+ years of technical proposal management experience supporting technical proposal responses to RFx opportunities.
· Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Preferred Qualifications· Solid understanding of technology, preferably AWS technology
· Advanced degree
· Ability to develop appropriate thematic graphics using standard desktop tools.
· Customer-focused and self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through.
· Must have a good understanding of government procurement and contract vehicles.
· Excellent communicator who can quickly earn the respect of the team and customers.
· Must have the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Acts in accordance with vision, mission, and established goals.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us