Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, and low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. The AWS Training & Certification team is seeking a driven, talented, and experienced recruiting programs leader and manager to support Tech U, a global, world class, multi-level AWS technical training program to address the demand for skilled cloud IT professionals.
In this role, with your passion for technical solutions for business intelligence data and dashboards, you will help support a multi-modal training program that combines instructor led training, lab exercises, scenario-based project sprints, and more to develop and hone cloud based and professional developments skills. This program is seeking a driven and creative technical professional to help build and maintain a data warehouse with inputs from multiple different internal systems (HRIS, Learning Management Systems, Assessment Systems, and others), and a set of dashboards to provide access to metrics including trainee recruitment data, trainee performance data, employee retention data, customer satisfaction data, and more.
Because at Amazon we pioneer, you will need to be forward thinking and creative in your approach to addressing big challenges and embrace novel solutions. In this role, you will need to be an excellent communicator, and it is expected that you will have the ability to work well with peers as well as with different internal teams and systems. Additionally, employing rigorous technical project and program management tactics, and demonstrating an innovative “builder” approach to problem-solving are must-have attributes. The ideal candidate has experience through multiple complete product development cycles, and possesses superior analytical abilities and product judgement. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
About Tech U
As a Technical Program Manager, you will be part of the team managing AWS Tech U, which is an accelerated career development program for those who want to advance both their technical and business skills. This unique program consists of a 6-month, instructor-led, project-based learning curriculum, followed by a 6-month On-the-Job Training (OJT) learning assignment within various business units across AWS worldwide operations.
Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Roles and Responsibilities:
– Drive the planning and execution of a new data-warehouse driven system of data and metrics, to support improved reporting of student and program performance
– Analyze and further develop success criteria and metrics for data warehousing and reporting.
– Develop and document data workflows and processes for both automated systems interoperability as well as manual data inputs, where necessary
– Recommend and design improvements in the use of program metrics, dashboard visualizations, and other processes to improve the data-driven approach used by Tech U
Basic Qualifications· 5+ years of experience as a Technical Product or Program Manager managing and building enterprise or consumer-facing products or services
· Demonstrably strong project management skills, especially on project involving data and data architecture or systems interoperability
· Bachelor degree or equivalent industry experience
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to travel up to 25%, including occasional global travel
Preferred Qualifications· An AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner or Associate-level certification
· Experience bringing solutions from concept through development and launch or deployment, as well as post-launch support and revisions
· Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels across multiple business units
· Recent experience in a fast-paced, multinational technology company
· Proficiency with statistics and data analysis
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.