Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services (AWS) State and Local Government is leading a paradigm shift in how is cloud is transforming the delivery of citizen services and is looking for world class candidates to lead and manage programs to drive the adoption of cloud technologies in the SLG market. Do you have the business savvy, industry expertise and execution focus to drive internal alignment coupled with the design of go to market strategies to position Amazon as the solution provider of the future?
As a Strategic Program Manager, you will be customer facing in driving government transformation programs that support the SLG business. This role will challenge your leadership, collaborative and analytical skills. You will build relationships with technical and business stakeholders, become a subject matter expert in the offers you own and customer and partners segments you will focus on. The Strategic Program Manager will partner with the C-Suite of SLG customers and internal stakeholders to drive government transformation.
This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in a fast growing business. The ideal candidate is experienced in building and executing programs, and has a proven ability to learn new technologies fast. The Strategic Program Manager can effectively influence both technical and non-technical audiences at the executive level.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Own customer relationships to drive government transformation programs.
· Work across sales regions to understand functional and technical requirements to ensure the successful delivery of the program(s)
· Own driving improvements in program offerings, constantly assessing and optimizing for performance and scale
· Become an internal evangelist of your programs to drive support and adoption
· Own all reporting of your programs, participating in regular business reviews with leadership and stakeholders.
Basic Qualifications· Have lead government transformation initiatives across multiple departments and/or jurisdictions
· 10+ years of IT leadership, strategy experience, people / change management and IT Governance
· 10+ years of experience in the State and Local Government market
· 5+ years experience with leading, coaching, improving and supervising programs
· BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience
Preferred Qualifications· Familiarity with AWS & Cloud Computing
· Strong change management and IT governance experience
· Operates as an agile self-starter; strong contributor autonomously and as part of a team
· Proven track record for bias for action, execution and delivering results
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.