Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 2000 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. AWS customers are looking for ways to change their business models and solve complex business challenges. Now with AWS Outposts customers have a new way to solve these problems.
AWS is seeking a Senior Business Development Manager (BDM) to drive our EC2 Outposts Business. Outposts brings native AWS services, infrastructure, and operating models to virtually any data center, co-location space, or on-premises facility. Customers can use the same APIs, the same tools, the same hardware, and the same functionality across on-premises and the cloud to deliver a truly consistent hybrid experience. Outposts can be used to support workloads that need to remain on-premises due to low latency or local data processing needs. AWS Outposts infrastructure is fully managed, maintained, and supported by AWS to deliver access to the latest AWS services.
The Senior Business Development Manager will work with AWS worldwide public sector (WWPS) specialty sales, WWPS field, and solution architect teams to track, prioritize and close customer engagements that would benefit from running on AWS Outposts, and collaborate and coordinate cross-functional teams around these engagements where appropriate.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Instrumentation – Defines metrics, measurement criteria and leading indicators of a new business and implement the same by working with business operations team
· Defines customer segmentation strategy for the product and determines how the product will be positioned and sold to customers via direct touch, one to many touch, tech-touch (self-service) and partner touch (collectively called “customer touch”).
· Creates content and leads the delivery mechanism strategy for each of the customer touch approaches respectively to improve customer experience and business outcomes. Examples of content delivery mechanisms include one on one presentations/white boards, EBCs, webinars, call campaigns and self-service mechanisms. The BD will associate the best delivery mechanism with content to align with the customer touch strategy.
· Defines, builds and deploys enterprise focused sales and campaigns around the AWS Outposts offering. This will include defining the campaign Bill of Materials (BOM), creating content including training materials for both customers and internal AWS WWPS teams, solution architecture (in partnership with the Outpost technical resources), managing and securing resources and funding for campaign promotion and adoption, designing and measuring campaign success criteria and course correcting as necessary based on measurement data.
· Identifies, trains and develop partners.
· Owns overall go to market development and execution.
· Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and metrics
This position can be located at one of our US based Amazon offices or remote within close proximity to a major airport. Preferred locations: Greater Washington DC area, Seattle, Dallas/ Austin, Chicago, New York, Boston
Travel expectations: 20% – 25%
Basic Qualifications· 10+ years’ experience leading strategic Go To Market and Product Management activities in the hyper-converged or appliance space turning detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
· 5+ years of technical sales or business development experience with a public cloud company
· Demonstrated experience with negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen.
· Demonstrated detailed knowledge of managed services market and insights related to cloud computing and IT
Preferred Qualifications· 15+ years of business development, product management, strategic or technical program management experience
· 5+ years of experience selling to WWPS organizations (Federal, SLED, NPO)
· 2+ years with a public cloud company with focus an on-premise appliance (such as Azure stack)
· 2+ years of experience with machine learning and deep learning software platforms
· Technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the benefits of machine learning and deep learning services, platforms and frameworks in the AWS cloud to IT architects, engineering teams, and C-Level executives
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex global businesses
· Deep familiarity with complex legacy IT environments, managed enterprise IT infrastructure services, Enterprise applications, and has done market analysis, deal negotiation and construction, business operations
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills
· MBA or equivalent relevant business experience.
· Meets or exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets or exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.