The Global Education and Workforce team represents educational and public sector customers globally with the purpose of driving strategic programs and solution offerings increasing cloud skilled workers. The purpose of the position is to assist the Global Director in establishing insight to new industry initiatives and to develop and manage select strategic initiatives in support of the WWPS AWS EDU customer base. Key focus areas may include the implementation and management of customer programs, grant programs, mission/segment specific training offerings, and related services to improve the efficacy of the team serving the EDU sector.
This position will be responsible for supporting the team’s management in the design of market growth strategies and the execution of sales activities. Additionally, it will be the responsibility of the position to manage the relationship between the sales team and the Marketing Manager, Education Programs team, Operations, and Global Sales General Managers.
· Assist EDU Global Director in creating/executing strategy – marketing campaigns and partnership strategies
· Develop a cross-functional strategy and market development plan or executes commercial deals in a highly specialized vertical requiring deep technical expertise (such as EC2, S3, Amazon infrastructure services, data centers, networks, and Amazon hardware).
· Deep research on market opportunities – landscape, policy, competition, new services
· Own key initiatives such as Regional Education Customer Committees
· Implement and manage special programs and initiatives that key solutions and partnerships
· Collaborate with marketing and other teams to create and drive education awareness and opportunities
· Develop and manage awareness campaigns for the internal Global EDU community
· Work with Sales and Operations to analyze reporting and market analysis on mission segments for targeted outreach by the sales teams
· Drive networking/meetings for community engagement with key constituent groups
· Other duties as assigned may include special project management, proposal writing, and data retrieval/management/reporting
· Domestic and International travel required
Basic Qualifications· At least 8+ years of a combination of business development, sales, and program management experience.
· At least 3+ years of working directly for or within the public sector community
Preferred Qualifications· Experience in identifying public sector program needs and developing comprehensive solutions
· Strong understanding on public sector technical needs and implementation approaches
· Understanding of mission-enabling applications
· Basic understanding of cloud computing landscape in general and AWS services in particular
· Master’s degree in business management or related field with a minimum 5-8 years of operations, field sales training, marketing or sales enablement experience with increasing influence and responsibility.
· Strategic thinker that can take broad visions and concepts and develop structured plans, actions and measureable metrics to execute those plans and deliver benefits
· Large scale project management experience including the formulation and implementation of a business development strategy
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age