The WW Public Sector AWS Education team represents educational customers across Higher Education, K-12 and technology companies globally. The purpose of the position is to develop and manage select strategic large pursuit opportunities. Key focus areas will include strategy development, resource planning and solutions creation. This position will be responsible for supporting the sales team’s design of messaging and execution of sales activities. Additionally, it will be the responsibility of the position to manage the coordination between the sales team, Marketing, Education Programs team, and Operations.
· Assist EDU Global Director in creating/executing strategy
· Develops a cross-functional strategy across various internal organizations.
· Deep research on market opportunities – landscape, policy, competition, new services
· Implement and manage special programs and initiatives that key solutions and partnerships
· Collaborate with marketing and other teams to create and drive education awareness and opportunities
· Drive networking/meetings for community engagement with key constituent groups
· Other duties as assigned may include special project management, proposal writing, and data retrieval/management/reporting
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally in support of team efforts
Preferred location is Western United States
Basic Qualifications· 8+ years of a combination of business development, sales and program management experience.
· 5+ years of working directly for or within the education community
· Effective verbal and written communicator
· Experience in identifying public sector program needs and developing comprehensive solutions
· Strong understanding on public sector technical needs and implementation approaches
· Understanding of mission-enabling applications
· Basic understanding of cloud computing landscape in general and AWS services in particular
· 5-8 years of operations, field sales training, marketing or sales enablement experience with increasing influence and responsibility.
· Strategic thinker that can take broad visions and concepts and develop structured plans, actions and measureable metrics to execute those plans and deliver benefits
· Large scale project management experience including the formulation and implementation of a business development strategy
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco OR Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information: https://aws.amazon.com/education/