Windows Workloads on AWS – Technical Business Development
Do you have broad and deep experience in both the business and technical aspects of cloud computing, especially Microsoft Windows workloads? Do you have rich experience influencing technology choices and building programs to accelerate IT adoption with governments, educational institutions, and non-profit entities? Do you enjoy working with customers to achieve innovation and efficiency through IT modernization and cloud technologies? Can you help business leaders and technologists adopt new cloud services?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a Technical Business Development Manager to join the Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) team to make AWS the best place to run Windows workloads (e.g. Windows, SQL Server, Sharepoint) for Education Businesses. Working closely with sales and technical leaders, you will be responsible for defining and implementing a go-to-market approach that accelerates adoption of Windows workloads on AWS. You will help customers improve performance and decrease cost by running Windows workloads on AWS. You will also work directly with sales, solution architects, and other field teams to identify, qualify, and win major customers.
The ideal candidate will possess both the business savvy to interact at the CxO/VP level, and the technical depth in Windows-based computing to easily interact with software developers and architects. This role requires a strong level of knowledge of Microsoft Licensing programs. You will have a strong knowledge of cloud computing, industry trends, and product developments.
This role requires dedication for customers, a high level of comfort navigating ambiguity, and a keen sense of ownership to deliver results.
· Define and implement a Windows on AWS go-to-market strategy for WWPS target segments.
· Be intimately familiar with Windows, Azure, SQL server, Sharepoint, Office 365, Microsoft enterprise agreements, and Microsoft licensing.
· Communicate internally and externally the value proposition of Microsoft solutions on AWS, e.g. Windows core infrastructure, application development, business productivity, content management, and help field teams with Microsoft solutions on AWS.
· Understand and uncover customers’ pain points in the areas above, and how AWS solutions can help them improve performance and decrease costs, including migration strategies.
· Work with partners, internal teams, and customers to determine deployment and adoption of Microsoft products on the AWS Cloud, including achieving “light house” customer wins.
· Work closely with global WWPS account teams, and sales and technical leadership to build programs that accelerate adoption of Windows-based AWS workloads.
· Identify and remove obstacles that block adoption of Windows-based AWS workloads.
This position can be located at one of our Eastern US based Amazon offices or remote within close proximity to a major airport. Preferred locations: Greater Washington DC area, Austin, Chicago, New York, Boston, North Carolina, Florida, Pennsylvania.
Travel expectations: up to 50%
Basic Qualifications· 5 years or more of technical leadership, product management, business development in information technologies.
· 3 years or more experience in Windows workloads including, business development, product management, technical marketing.
· 1 or more years of experience with public cloud computing services.
· Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering or related technical degree.
Preferred Qualifications· 1 or more years of experience working with Education, Higher Education, or K-12.
· In-depth experience in Windows technology, market dynamics, and customer requirements.
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
· Demonstrated ability to build and scale programs that remove blockers to customer adoption and accelerate adoption.
· Experience working in a hands-on, detail-oriented, “roll-up your sleeves” environment.
· Organizational, presentation, and writing skills.
· Masters degree or PhD in relevant business, computer science, or engineering disciplines.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.