*Please note that this role is virtual and the Senior Technical Trainer can sit anywhere in the United States near a major airport*
Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. Low cost. Instant Elasticity. Open & Flexible. Secure.
To meet the growing demand for AWS Services around the globe, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you have previous programming experience via application/web development, and can communicate highly technical concepts to audiences at different stages in the AWS journey, we’d like to speak with you. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Training Team.
Here’s your chance to work as a Technical Trainer with high visibility and significant customer impact. The successful candidate is an experienced technical trainer, ideally with experience in cloud or distributed architectures and/or virtualization technologies.
In this role, you will deliver training content to developers, administrators, architects, and partners to drive adoption and usage of AWS infrastructure services. You’ll have an opportunity to combine a passion for teaching, with enthusiasm for technology, to drive learning and establish positive customer relationships. You will have excellent communication skills and proven technology training experience.
· Help shape the ongoing strategy and mission of the AWS training program.
· Assist in developing & maintaining technical training content, lab exercises, presentations, and accompanying materials.
· Deliver instructor-led classroom training to end-user customers and partners on a regular schedule in US and abroad.
· Work with key vendors and internal stakeholders to ensure accurate, effective training content.
· Assist in the development of a formalized Train-the-Trainer program for our Authorized Training Center partners and Contractors.
· Mentor and train internal and external authorized trainers as part of a train the trainer program
· Ability to travel globally. Travel will be about 75%.
All positions are virtual as long as you are located near a major airport and an AWS office location.
· Understanding of general IT security concepts
· 5+ years of experience in programming or systems architecture or systems operations or systems administration or technical training or AI/ML
· Experience conducting classroom training for related technology products and services
· Technical degree (i.e. Computer Science) or relevant work experience required
· Recent experience architecting, deploying, and operating Internet scale applications
Preferred Qualifications· AWS Certification
· Demonstrated understanding of Cloud computing concepts
· Experience with Windows or Linux at the command line
· Recent coding experience in one or more of the following languages, Java, .Net, Perl, PHP, Ruby or Python
· Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with AWS infrastructure services highly desired
– Experience in Big Data
– Experience in DevOps
· Experience designing and developing instructor-led content with technical subject matter content
· Excellent oral presentation skills, interpersonal communication, and writing skills
· A strong “stage presence” and ability to manage a classroom of adult learners
· Self-sufficient, self-starter with proven success taking ownership of training projects
** For more information on AWS, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age