Would you like to help senior business and technical leaders think big about how AWS can help them achieve their company’s business objectives? Would you like to help hundreds of customers get started on AWS and rapidly achieve outcomes? Are you interested in working closely with our account teams to build plans to help their customers achieve these business outcomes? Would you like to be part of accelerating the success of the Greenfield Segment in helping new customers be successful on AWS?
As a business development manager for the Greenfield Segment, you will have an exciting opportunity shape and deliver the program for customers who are just getting started with AWS. You will lead engagements with business and technical executives to work backwards from their corporate goals to identify how AWS can help accelerate achievement of their goals. You will also work with account teams to help them identify ways AWS can solve our customers’ biggest challenges. In addition, you will build ways to track customer impact, and use your experience to help improve our engagement model and scale the program worldwide.
You must be effective at facilitating sessions with senior leaders around their business goals. In this role you will work with cross-functional teams as part of the program delivery and development. Typically cross-functional collaboration includes business development teams, solutions architecture, marketing, partners, professional services, sales enablement, sales operations, and international business development teams.
Role & Responsibilities
· Facilitate workshops with customer executives to work backwards from their business goals to identify how Cloud can accelerate achievement of their goals
· Work with local Sales teams on customer nominations, prepare prior to the customer engagement, and follow up to ensure workshop delivered the desired customer outcomes
· Build dashboards and reporting mechanisms to capture results and improvement opportunities. Periodically present progress to executive leadership.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams to exchange best practices, consistent outcomes, and requests from customers through these engagements.
· Conduct customer briefings, present at customer events, further AWS thought leadership in how to help customers get started on AWS.
· 7+ years of experience in customer-facing roles leading or facilitating executive engagements.
· 7+ years of experience in enterprise technology consulting or business development roles
· 2-3 years of experience in public or hybrid cloud platforms
· 3 years of experience developing, implementing, managing and executing field programs.
· Education – an MBA and technical background (i.e., Computer Science, Engineering or Math) are highly desired.
· 5+ years of experience in technology strategy.
· Excellent business and financial acumen.
· Operational excellence mind-set and experience. Data driven. Excellent problem-solving skills. Adept at simplifying complexity and developing scalable propositions.
· Ability to multitask and manage portfolio of cross-functional projects.
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results. Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams.
· Relevant technical knowledge is helpful, such as: data lakes, analytics, AI/ML, IoT, cloud migrations/ retiring technical debt, using cloud to innovate on new products or services.
· Experience in database systems such as core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, software defined networking, or network functions virtualization, etc. with ability to go deep enough on relevant technologies key to the industry
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.