Sr. Solutions Architect – Containers and Serverless
This role can be located near any major airport with the ability to travel up to 50%. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and excellent interpersonal skills. This role is a Solutions Architect (SA) in the Compute field, with a strong focus on Containers and Serverless architectures. You will partner with customers that have Container workloads as well as several AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures for customers in the Container compute space. As a trusted customer advocate, the SA will help customers understand best practices around advanced Container solutions, and how to run Containers in a scalable yet cost-effective manner on AWS. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS with Container customers ranging from start-ups to established enterprise customers. The successful candidate will possess a combination of Container compute experience (e.g. Kubertnetes, Amazon ECS, Lambda, etc.) and cloud computing experience in general. You should be able to translate cloud computing concepts into business value for Container customers.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a significant impact.
Enjoy working with Container customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and build cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small start-ups to large enterprises.
Have a solid understanding of Container and serverless technology and trends. The ideal candidate will have experience in a hands-on technical role as a developer working with Container solutions and serverless. You should have experience deploying and maintaining Container solutions, preferably on a cloud platform such as AWS. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones so that you can make substantial contributions to in-depth architecture discussions.
Roles and Responsibilities
· As a key member of the business development and sales team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
· Educate AWS customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in in-depth architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
· Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to Container customers considering or already using AWS
· Bring together and share best-practice knowledge among the AWS solutions architect community, especially in regards to Container solutions and patterns
· Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
· Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
Basic Qualifications· 10+ years of technical experience
· 4+ years design/implementation/deployment experience of advanced compute solutions
· 3+ years experience in one or more of the following areas: Serverless and Container architecture, design or development
· Experience with deployment and operations of workloads on AWS using EC2 Spot, Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS), Kubernetes or others
· Demonstrated working knowledge of software development methodologies
Preferred Qualifications· Technical degree preferred; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
· Excellent verbal skills and the ability to explain technical concepts to a variety of audiences
· Strong written communication skills
· High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.