Amazon’s Workforce Staffing (WFS) organization is looking for a highly motivated and flexible Project Manager to drive operational excellence for WFS with its major business partners (Customer Fulfillment, Amazon Transportation Services, Amazon Logistics, or Global Specialty Fulfillment). This project manager is responsible for developing and supporting strategic business line initiatives, creating implementation plans, and driving those across WFS team members in North America. This PM also serves as the proxy for WFS Business Line single threaded leaders on projects run by Ops, MBR/QBR development, and operational health reporting and analysis for those business lines.
A successful candidate must demonstrate strong leadership skills, exceptional ability to influence, organizational expertise, strong verbal and written communication skills, and a passion for building data driven programs that improve business operations. You are self-motivated, solutions-oriented, comfortable with ambiguity, and innovative in developing best-in-class programs.
You must be able to:
· Work cross-functionally and across geographies with stakeholders at all levels to support large-scale programs and initiatives
· Have a rigorous approach to problem solving and analytics, as well as produce, interpret, and draw conclusions from data
· Lead others to drive ongoing program improvements based on user feedback and performance measurements
· Provide leadership, expertise, and technical/operational guidance to the stakeholders and field teams
· Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, as well as balance business needs versus constraints
· Establish business priorities, identifying and communicating risks and mitigation plans in collaboration with stakeholders; developing and maintaining goals, milestones and completion dates
· Be comfortable presenting ideas to senior level stakeholders, receptive of feedback and quick to apply changes
· Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with extreme discretion
· Have a combination of practical and intellectual skills, as well as ability to rapidly shift and adapt to different tasks that vary between complex analyses, hands-on projects, and project management.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Track hiring exceptions across the business line and ensure corrective actions/escalations are followed through
· Independently identify down-stream problems (i.e. system incompatibility, resource unavailability, established process gap, etc.) and escalate them to Business Analyst, before they become large-scale risk. Participate in collaboration for short term solve, until process improvement is implemented.
· Deep dive operational health metrics to improve performance, trouble-shoot defects, and create remedial actions to meet these metrics’ goals.
· Participate in cross-functional operational health reviews with Business Analysts in order to share best practices and/or lessons learned within the business line.
· Interact directly with Business Analysts involved in operational health and engage in seek to understand discussions related to metric methodology and validation
· Perform customer/partner needs and task analysis, scope projects, and evaluate existing processes to propose solutions
· Develop and manage project governance plans, project schedules, success criteria, and project milestones
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree in science, management, or liberal arts
· 5+ years of project or program management experience
· Advanced use: Salesforce, Tableau, Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint (or equivalent) skills.
· Proven success delivering a high volume of results on time with minimal direction
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
· Excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal listening, communicating, influencing and negotiating skills coupled with ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise is required.
· Ability to travel up to 75%
Preferred Qualifications· Master’s degree in engineering, business, or human resources preferred
· Passion and enthusiasm for customer experience, technology, and Amazon’s vision.
· Comfort learning new tools and technology concepts quickly
· Strong organizational and communication skills, team-oriented philosophy, and problem solving skills.
· High levels of integrity and discretion.
· Experience working in an international tech company
· Self-motivated and productive in a highly ambiguous environment.