At Amazon, we believe that every day is still day one. At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers. You will join a new team in Employee Services with responsibilities that require solid technical expertise, strong collaboration and familiarity with medical acumen. If you thrive in a dynamic environment with demanding business partners and enjoy find solutions for ERISA, governed disability cases this position is for you.
We are building a new team to support first and second level Short Term Disability appeals. The Appeals team will offer an opportunity for Amazon employees to ask for additional reviews of the claim decisions made by Disability and Leave Services (DLS) case managers. The Disability and Leave Services (DLS) team will redesign the processes for internal Short Term Disability appeals, providing an innovative, compliant and frustration-free experience to our employees.
Appeal Consultants have case management accountability and expected to deliver compliant appeal determinations. The Disability Appeals Consultant will be solely responsible for a caseload of 100 or more first and second level cases. Consultants will collaborate closely with, associates, medical providers, vocational rehabilitation consultants and our internal/external medical management team to render the most accurate claim outcomes.
The successful candidate will have proven experience and deep subject matter expertise in HR consulting, ERISA Appeals, Short-Term Disability Case Management, compliance, and driving process improvements.
Basic Qualifications· 3 or more years of disability and absence management experience within the context of a HR department, third party administrator or insurance carrier. Deep understanding of the regulations governing FMLA, ADAA, ACA, state disability and leave laws concurrent to ERISA as it relates to absence programs
· Bachelor’s degree, Human Resources, Business or related field
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to the highest degree of professional standards.
· Self-starter attitude and ability to work with ambiguity
· Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution
· Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
· Desire to maintain customer obsession even when the answer is no
· Polished and well developed oral and written communication skills
Preferred Qualifications· Master’s degree in Business, Human Resources or other related field
· Extensive relevant disability industry experience (8+ years)
· Deep knowledge of medical acumen
· Direct experience managing ERISA appeals/caseloads of 100+ cases