Are you a collaborative and creative leader with excellent communication and influencing skills? Are you data-driven, with a high degree of ownership? Are you interested in leveraging your top-notch analytical and people skills to empower leaders with razor-sharp insights that drive an excellent employee experience with a focus on compliance? If you have relentlessly high-standards and are interested in working hard to reinforce the mission and culture of our fast-paced, global leaves and disability team, we want to hear from you!
The GPI Leader will contribute deep subject matter expertise, as well as, service oversight to Disability and Leave Services (DLS) initiatives; specifically pertaining to the transitions from Short-Term Disability (STD) to Long-Term Disability (LTD) events, FMLA exhaustion, ADAAA job protection, Military and other Amazon sponsored Leaves. This includes operational performance and analysis, product development and continuous improvement. As a thought-leader, the position collaborates with key business stakeholders and DLS program leaders to ensure program success across the Amazon organization.
The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable and have experience with Integrated Disability and Absence Management (IDAM) programs and practices. Our success starts with our people, and your mission is to execute programs that engage employees across the globe. You will also be responsible for leveraging data, communication channels, and change management skills to create stronger connections between employees and their Leaves & Disability experiences. An in-depth understanding of the culture and job functions at Amazon will be critical. This role is imperative to the launch, consistent delivery, scaling and maintenance of an exciting and innovative Disability and Leave program.
· Execute on strategy for complex Leave of Absence and Accommodation survey and experience programs alongside multiple simultaneous projects.
· Create tools and mechanisms to capture the voice of the customer, focus groups and create a culture of trust between the Disability & Leave Services team and stakeholders and employees.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure scalable solutions.
· Deliver analytic strategy theories to surface critical insights for leaders; track success metrics to ensure continuous improvement of operational excellence.
· Build strong working relationship across key stakeholder groups, such as, PWD, Momazonians, HR and business leaders, as well as DLS customers (employees) and managers.
· Support the development of team-wide standards for planning and executing on projects.
· Manage large, complex initiatives, delivering critical solutions, significant improvements, new mechanisms, or deprecating systems/processes that are not relevant or inefficient. These efforts require you to work with multiple teams in and/or across organizations.
· Accountable for the overall strategy of large programs. You successfully manage and or are consulting on all stages (from concept to delivery). Your program meets challenging business goals and/or shows measureable improvements for customers, business area, employee efficiency and/or experience.
· Understand the architecture of the global processes you work with; examples include but are not limited to: FMLA, STD, LTD, state, federal and municipal laws, Amazon leaves, ADAAA Title I, and Title III, USERRA, ERISA, FLSA, and compliant global benefit administration practices. You influence DLS team priorities and business strategy through data-driven contributions, monthly KPI’s and quarterly white paper recommendations. You are able to make a case for project priorities, resource allocation to achieve a desired business outcome, resolve a process deficiency, or unblock op’s delivery barriers.
· Communicate ideas effectively, verbally and in writing, to a wide range of audiences including Directors, Op’s leaders, Human Resources Business Partners, Program Managers, and Employee Relations leaders. You foster a constructive dialogue, harmonize discordant views, and lead the resolution of contentious issues (build consensus). You collaborate successfully with customers, stakeholders, and DLS staff.
· Routinely and efficiently, deliver the right things. You define clear goals and objectives. You drive crisp decisions in your program area about what projects move forward and in what priority order.
· Proactively identify risks and bring them to the attention of your team and stakeholders with plans for mitigation before they become roadblocks.
· You are a simplifier. You judiciously add, refine, and remove procedures by applying project management best practices; you increase the productivity and effectiveness of the teams you work with.
· In this “hands on” role, you will work with DLS process owners to develop best practice workflows, establish deployment strategies including change management, learning and training, participate in quality and audit assessments, provide guidance to internal and external stakeholders, and be a source of expertise for DLS operational teams
Role may require occasional (less than 15%) international travel and up to 30% domestic travel
· Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, or other relevant field from an accredited university or equivalent work experience
· Knowledge of federal and state disability laws regarding employees with disabilities, specifically ADA/ADAAA and FMLA
· 2-3 years of experience leading Human Resources exempt employees
· Ability to travel as appropriate
· Technically proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint
· Ability to manage confidential and sensitive employee information and adhere to strict confidentiality standards
· Demonstrated experience managing large programs and measuring data.
· Proven ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Preferred QualificationsMaster’s Degree in a relevant field (Communications, Human Resources, Business Analytics).
· Experience working in an FMLA, ADAA or Short Term/Long Term Disability Claims/Operations environment (claim centers, call centers, etc.) driving improvements that have resulted in measurable business impact.
· Ability to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced work environment and manage time appropriately.
· Background in working in high pressure, non-exempt fulfillment centers
· Experience managing engagement, development, or other employee-focused programming.
· Familiarity with the Amazon brand and the employee working experience at Amazon.
· Confidence engaging with frontline employees through to senior leadership.
· Passion for collaboration and team building.
· Black Belt of Lean Six Sigma