This position supports Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) and initially will be focused specifically on partnering with the Prime Air team. This position requires an individual who has significant employee and labor relations experience, deep subject matter knowledge, and strong communication and interpersonal skills. The individual must be able to work successfully and independently on a broad spectrum of employee and labor relations issues and projects.
The central objective of Amazon.com’s Employee Relations team is to ensure our organization’s treatment of employees is fair, respectful, and consistent. The individual will be responsible for the following types of proactive work:
· Independently own large scale, network-wide projects that improve the associate experience at a site and network level
· Partner and influence senior leaders when necessary to ensure a positive associate experience
· Partner with senior leaders and HR teams to create and sustain positive employee relations programs and best practices
· Design and conduct employee relations trainings and communications
· Design, collect, and analyze multiple levels of employee feedback
· Conduct and oversee employee relations vulnerability assessment programs
· Partner to engage in continuous improvement in communication vehicles and practices
· Analyze, diagnose, design, and revise people programs, policies, and practices to sustain positive employee relations
The individual also will work reactively on critical employee relations issues that are crisis-oriented and typically can only be successfully completed with limited time. Time management between proactive and reactive responsibilities is a critical component for success in the position.
The position reports to an Employee Relations Principal or Senior Employee Relations Manager within the Operations Human Resources group at Amazon.com. This is a full-time position that will require significant travel, up to 50% annually. While the position is virtual, west or east coast based candidates are highly desirable.
Basic Qualifications· 7+ years direct experience in employee relations, labor relations, or labor/employment law with an emphasis on time spent specifically on labor and employee relations work. Must be able to provide robust examples developing sophisticated programs, establishing strong partnership with leadership groups, and leading large scale initiatives.
· 4+ years experience in transportation based businesses
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field
· Solid understanding of federal and state employment & labor laws
· Experience in designing and delivering successful training programs
· Advanced verbal and written communication skills as evidenced by skill in creating position papers, policy and presenting compelling ideas/presentations.
· Technically proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
· Able to pass a comprehensive background and reference check
Preferred Qualifications· Advanced degree, JD, or other relevant specialized training
· Direct experiences in working in the aviation field and air cargo are strongly preferred
· Strong interpersonal and persuasion skills, enabling individual to establish partnerships working with senior leaders and across organizational lines
· Ability to quickly connect with people across a wide variety of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
· Able to handle confidential information in a mature and professional manner
· Highly analytical thinker and problem solver; ability to assess and solve problems using data
· Proven attention to detail; strong organization skills
· Acts with sense of urgency, bias for action, and desire to thrive in a dynamically growing environment
· Deals well with fast-moving, complex and ambiguous situations
· High-quality judgment and sound decision-making
· Strong project and time management skills with ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects to closure
· Innovative thinker able to identify existing best practices, benchmark for others and improve on or conceptualize new ways of operating or operating in new spaces.
· Demonstrates passion for the associate experience and leadership and develops work products that achieve the needs of customers, shareholders and employees.