Amazon’s Employee Services Technology (ES Tech) team is looking for a Business Systems Analyst to help us define and implement the Salesforce application we are building for our Leave of Absence and Accommodations (LOAA) business customers. LOAA is a program to deliver leave of absence, disability and accommodation services to Amazon employees globally. We are building a brand new team, to enable employee self-sufficiency by providing simple, intuitive self-service tools across devices using communities, lightning, and other Salesforce next gen technologies. Driven by innovation, our mission is to invent and simplify the customer experiences. We will implement the overall self-service strategy and user experience for our employees and partners by integrating it with other Amazon cross systems and platforms like telephony (AWS Connect), content management system (CMS), and analytics ensuring a consistent global experience. You will own the relationship with our business teams to ensure their requirements are clearly captured, documented, and communicated utilizing existing agile and waterfall processes. You will work globally with business groups and HR partners at all levels to understand strategy, requirements and timelines, and map those to global LOAA and CRM platform objectives.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter, be able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, own deliverables end to end, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic environment. They will be passionate about their work, self motivated, detail oriented and have excellent problem-solving abilities. This individual must also work well under pressure to meet ongoing and overlapping deadlines within short time constraints.
· Gather and document requirements. Coordinate the collection of global business requirements and document them as User Stories. Write Business Requirement Documents and Functional Specifications as needed.
· Partner with developers, architects, and other technical resources to design efficient and scalable technology solutions to meet long term HR, LOAA and business needs.
· Develop User Acceptance test plans, write test scripts, and coordinate and lead UAT testing sessions.
· Drive global HR, LOAA process optimization and standardization while balancing the business need for flexibility and appropriate localization; build HR, LOAA processes and tools that ensure a high-quality employee experience as well as compliance with policies and regulations.
· Develop deep knowledge of the HR, LOAA and CRM platform and knowledge of downstream/upstream systems utilized by Amazon. Advise the business on best practices and global requirements for optimizing the use of these systems.
· Build trust through strong, long-term relationships with cross-functional Business and Technical teams.
· Mentor team members and provide feedback to help them develop.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Management, Communications or any other related fields
· 5+ years of related professional experience.
· 3+ years of experience working in agile and waterfall project methodologies.
· Working knowledge of business analysis activities such as data analysis, process mapping, requirements elicitation, user story creation and testing.
Preferred Qualifications· Experience working with Salesforce, preferably the Service Cloud module.
· Proficient in SOQL and/or multiple flavors of SQL, (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redshift)
· Collaborate with PMO and leadership, to continually improve and maintain quality program updates.
· HR Domain knowledge experience
· Exposure in delivering Salesforce projects.
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills and able to interact with staff/colleagues of varying levels.
· Work with project managers, discipline leads and other stakeholders to resolve escalated project risks and issues in a timely manner.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, information technology, computer science, HR or related field
· 5+ years of experience as a Business/Systems Analyst or Engineer preferably in an internet-based company with large, complex data sources
· Ability to take complex business problem and translate them into clear and accurate results
· Passion for operations excellence with a commitment to delighting customers
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/ Women/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.