Amazon’s Employee Services Technology (ES Tech) team is looking for a Technical Program Manager to help manage release processes for the Salesforce application we are building for our Leave of Absence and Accommodations (LOAA) business customers. LOAA is a program to deliver leave of absence, disability and accommodation services to Amazon employees globally. We are building a brand new team, to enable employee self-sufficiency by providing simple, intuitive self-service tools across devices using communities, lightning, and other Salesforce next gen technologies. Driven by innovation, our mission is to invent and simplify the customer experiences. We will implement the overall self-service strategy and user experience for our employees and partners by integrating it with other Amazon cross systems and platforms like telephony (AWS Connect), content management system (CMS), and analytics ensuring a consistent global experience.
You will own the design and delivery of LOAA software and service delivery initiatives globally to build scale, efficiency, and a great customer experience. You will be expected to gather business and systems requirements from internal and external stakeholders, write specifications, drive project schedules from design to release, and manage the production launch. You will work with our dev team to remove roadblocks and sustain development velocity. You will leverage your team to provide solutions that are highly usable, scalable, extensible, and maintainable on the Force.com platform.
This role is inherently cross-functional and you will be expected to regularly present to leadership on the overall status of key strategic initiatives, overall project risks and articulate recommended mitigation paths. We’re looking for someone who possesses a solid TPM background, has lead medium/large projects in the past, and has technical background and experience (ideally with Salesforce and AWS). We’re looking for someone who can keep their eye on the ball and not let anything fall off the radar. Being able to deal with ambiguity, anticipate bottlenecks and escalations, set realistic (yet aggressive) expectations, and clearly communicate to all levels of stakeholders are key requirements.
· Work closely with business stakeholders to determine their requirements, and then convert them into technical specifications and solutions.
· Thinking big and working with senior leadership, business stakeholders and development teams to define vision, strategy and requirements.
· Delivering results by driving execution of programs spanning multiple teams from design to rollout.
· Being resourceful and creative to overcome obstacles and turn challenges into opportunities
· Able to anticipate, proactively manage the risks and escalate appropriately.
· Manage medium to large technical projects with minimal supervision.
· Write documentation and test plans demonstrating excellent written and oral communication skills.
Basic Qualifications· BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent industry experience.
· 5-7 years of industry experience as a TPM delivering large, cross-functional projects.
· 2-3 years of experience working with Salesforce implementations.
· Able to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Creative critical thinker with experience in making implementation trade offs.
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to all organizational levels.
· Experience and proficiency with web technologies and tools.
Preferred Qualifications· Strong customer focus and ability to demonstrate pragmatic decision-making.
· Superior project management and organizational skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills, high quality document and report preparation.
· Experience delivering innovative experiences.
· Experience in non-technical aspects including idea generation, business analysis, and process optimization.
· Experience with agile or other program management methodologies, Project Management / ITIL.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/ Women/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.