Join the team that launched Amazon Books, Pop Ups, and 4-star. We’ve applied Amazon’s 20 years of online retailing experience to build stores that integrate the benefits of offline and online shopping. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, analytical, creative, flexible Field Readiness Manager to help us make a place that customers love to shop. If you want to join a dynamic team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
As a Field Readiness Manager you will be responsible for supporting operational excellence in our stores across Learning, Central Operations, Sales Performance, and other key functions and initiatives. You will understand our business inside and out, driving store performance by building knowledge and skill, elevating the customer experience, and increasing individual and team effectiveness. You will play a critical role in, employee onboarding, ongoing training, and operational benchmarking.
In this field-based role you must demonstrate a keen ability to earn trust and influence without authority. As a key connection point between stores and corporate, you must exhibit excellent communication skills. You must be able to dive deep to identify issues with field execution and work closely with corporate partners and field audiences to drive solutions. You will execute and iterate on processes that drive consistency across stores, collaborating with stakeholders to optimize for the field as well as the needs of the business. This may be your dream opportunity if you have an objective eye, have strong ownership, and can successfully manage multiple priorities at once.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Collaborate with field leadership and corporate partners on key initiatives to drive performance across all stores, communicate areas of risk and opportunities to relevant stakeholders
· Execute set up, stock, and facilitate learning activities
· Facilitate training and prepare store leadership to deliver training where needed
· Facilitate adoption of new processes in stores and drive process improvement through benchmarking, kaizen support, and support of the Central Operations team
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree and/or experience working in customer-facing service environment
· Ability to execute consistently with an objective eye and attention to detail
· Ability to prioritize, manage, and complete multiple projects with tight deadlines
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to earn trust with diverse stakeholders, coach others, and influence without authority
· Strong judgment and ability to make decisions and operate independently with minimal oversight
· Ability to travel up to 80% of time (role is field-based)
· Comfort working in a physical environment, ability to lift up to 50 pounds and be on feet for up to 10 hours at a time without reasonable accommodation
Preferred Qualifications· Demonstrated analytical aptitude with ability to translate data into actionable insights in a retail environment
· Ability to invent and simplify and continuously improve processes
· Experience launching retail stores
· Experience delivering training in customer facing service environments
· Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation