Join the team that launched the first-ever Amazon retail store. We’ve applied Amazon’s 25 years of online experience building stores that integrate benefits of offline and online shopping. We are looking for entrepreneurial, analytical, creative, flexible leaders to help make Amazon physical stores world-leading, customer-centric retail locations where customers love to shop. Want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon? This is the place for you.
Amazon seeks a Field Readiness Manager to deliver operational excellence in our stores across Learning, Central Operations, and Merchandising. You will understand our business inside and out, driving store performance by building knowledge and skill, elevating the customer experience, and increasing individual and team effectiveness. You will play a critical role in, employee onboarding, ongoing training, and operational benchmarking. You will execute and iterate on processes that drive consistency across stores, and collaborate with stakeholders to optimize our stores.
In this field-based role you must be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment with a deep passion for retail; the ideal candidate sees around corners, is biased for action ensuring the team is set up for success in achieving our goals and earns trust through broad stakeholder influence. As a key connection point between stores and corporate, you must exhibit excellent communication skills. The ideal candidate will possess deep knowledge and expertise in retail implementation along with being a strong leader who fosters a collaborative working environment across multiple disciplines including: learning, operations, merchandising and construction. You must be able to dive deep to identify issues with in-store execution and work closely with corporate partners and field audiences to drive solutions. You will be expected to independently complete complex tasks and projects quickly, react with appropriate urgency to immediate needs, take effective action without needing to know the total picture. Additionally, the candidate must have experience designing and implementing effective mechanisms that drive operational excellence. We are looking for someone obsessed with creating world-class shopping experiences for customers at both the micro and macro level.
The role’s key responsibilities will include:
· Leads the onboarding of the new store team, receiving of inventory and merchandising activities for all new store launches.
· Collaborates with field leadership and corporate partners on key initiatives to drive performance across a portfolio of stores.
· Facilitates training and prepares store leadership to deliver in-store training in the various regions.
· Facilitates adoption of new processes across a portfolio of stores.
· Leads process improvements through benchmarking and kaizen activities.
· Develops mechanisms that drive efficiencies and operational excellence.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree and/or experience working in customer-facing service environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to prioritize, manage, and complete multiple projects with tight deadlines requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem solving skills
· Proven track record of owning projects from start to finish – self-starter and self-directed
· Proactive and flexible attitude; willingness to take an “all hands on deck” approach
· Ability to earn trust with diverse stakeholders, coach others, and influence without authority
· Strong judgment and ability to make decisions and operate independently with minimal oversight
· Demonstrated analytical aptitude with ability to translate data into actionable insights in a retail environment
· The ability to work effectively in an extremely fast paced, ambiguous environment
· Ability to travel up to 80% of time (role is field-based)
· Comfort working in a physical environment, ability to lift up to 50 pounds and be on feet for up to 8 hours at a time without reasonable accommodation
Preferred Qualifications· Experience launching retail stores preferred but not required
· Experience delivering training in customer-facing service environments preferred but not required