The Global Environmental Program Manager will be responsible for partnering with global ops and EHS to develop and enable field solutions to our corporate environmental standards and ensure compliance with all applicable environmental regulations.
This role will also be required to ensure the successful development, implementation and recordkeeping practices for all of our environmental affairs programs. By focusing on country-specific procedures, risk assessments and compliance evaluations, this individual leads continuous improvement initiatives to minimize environmental aspects and impacts and implement best practices.
This role supports the timely escalation response to the field Environmental Affairs teams delivering on immediate operational needs.
Global Environmental Program Manager Responsibilities:
· Develop, integrate and execute strategies, procedures, programs, standards, training, processes and actions throughout the operations organization to facilitate environmental regulatory compliance
· Monitor business/geo performance against applicable environmental regulations, programs and standards
· Track, interpret and analyze business impact of environmental laws, standards and regulatory initiatives
· Ensure adequate assessment, prevention and control, and management of environmental issues and risks arising from operations, vendors and suppliers, company products and business affairs
· Analyze environmental metrics and trends to determine the appropriate allocation of resources to manage performance and risks
· Develop environmental tasks and permit/document management standardization in Gensuite across all geos for compliance assurance
· Utilize understanding of environmental regulations and programs to support field escalations from operations, environmental affairs, EHS, Legal, and other internal stakeholders
· Assign and monitor work performed by remote teams and contractors. This includes support work performed by C-Ops and contracts with consultants programs such as annual waste reporting and Tier II reporting.
· Partner with Finance and Procurement to ensure that sites set up POs for services such as hazardous waste removal. Also, ensure that site environmental fee payments are being processed accordingly through Accounts Payable or other mechanism to comply with all federal, state and local agency requirements.
Basic Qualifications– Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry, chemical or environmental engineering or related field of study
– 3+ years of experience serving as an environmental technical resource, manager, program specialist, or program manager
– Broad knowledge of environmental regulations, programs and processes
– Experience with regional regulatory assessments, applicability evaluations and applications
– Experience leading change in multiple site environments and the ability to influence those that are not direct reports or within your organization
– Willing to travel up to 15%
– Experience with written and verbal communication skills, including interfacing with Directors and VPs
– Experience demonstrating interpersonal skills to work effectively with others to achieve results
– Analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability
Preferred Qualifications– ISO 14000 or equivalent experience preferred
– Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization is a plus
– Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
– Effective communicator, able to send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing
– Possess environmental regulatory knowledge and demonstrate this expertise when working with field teams
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.