At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. We’re growing fast and need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people to join our team. If you’d like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We’re looking for a dynamic, experienced, organized, self-starter to join our Human Resources team as a Human Resources Manager (HRM) Customer Service (CS).
This role provides strong project management to various HR initiatives & company-wide HR projects including automation projects, management training and development, succession planning, policy review and implementation, etc. This role will have business partner responsibility for the USCS Director client groups, leadership accountability for the USCS HR teams in both physical and virtual sites, and will report to the Sr. HRM CS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Work with senior management to develop and implement HR plans and solutions in order to achieve strategic business initiatives and deliver results.
• Lead, develop, motivate and support the USCS HR team to ensure excellence in HR Service delivery
• Partner with business on organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, and skills assessment
• Review and analyze business unit data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience
• Provide management coaching to build leadership capabilities to address and resolve employee issues
• Work with line managers and employees to address all types of employee relations issues ensuring a balance in representing all parties’ interests
• Partner with international HR team to support business unit initiatives
• Assess business unit’s human resources training needs and conduct 1:1 and/or group training sessions as appropriate
• Implement/administer/interpret corporate policies/programs/procedures
• Provide leadership for employment practices.
• Partner with managers to retain, develop and motivate people to achieve their fullest potential
• Work with business groups to assess, create and implement innovative solutions for a variety of employee engagement initiatives within the client group
• Provide ongoing support to the leadership team on human resources related matters, policies and procedures
• Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling
Critical Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results
• Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking, and self-initiative
• Demonstrated ability to coach managers and supervisors to use company best practices for maximum effectiveness
• Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills; high quality document and report preparation
• Understanding of technology teams and how to grow and develop technology leaders
• Excellent presentation skills and knowledge of employment laws such as ERISA, COBRA, ADA, and other federal and state laws covering discrimination and equal opportunity employment
• Proven ability to successfully work as a team member and to build and maintain a positive work environment across the network
• Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment requiring strong multi-tasking abilities
· 5+ years work experience in an HR Generalist/Business Partner role including, performance management, change management, and employee communications.
· Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
· Superior employee relations and influencing skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong analytical skills. Experience using and presenting data to make decisions.
· Experience managing cross-functional projects and initiatives.
· Experience working with: Microsoft Office, project management software, SharePoint.
· Able to diagnose problems and identify and drive appropriate solutions
· Amazon Customer Service or Virtual HR experience
· Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills; a role model for the use of the concepts and skills we teach and exceptional commitment to our Leadership Principles
· Able to manage workflow, with minimal oversight, in a fast-paced, frugal environment with multiple and sometimes changing priorities
· Able to work both on a team (as member and/or leader) and independently to deliver results
· Master’s preferred