Learning Experience Designer
Amazon.com is seeking a creative, highly motivated and customer obsessed individual for the Physical Stores Learning Experience Designer
Are you an instructional designer who is both tech-savvy and creative in developing effective, state-of-the-art learning solutions? Do you want your work to have significant wide-ranging impact in an amazing, fast-growing company? Our team at Amazon.com is seeking an Instructional Designer with experience building virtual, e-learning, and classroom based solutions for Amazon Physical Stores HR which includes businesses like Amazon Go and Amazon 4-Star.
You will work closely with HR, business leaders, and other L&D professionals to build, execute, and measure HR learning initiatives across areas such as onboarding, continuous learning, and HR operations. This is a hands on role that will be responsible for creating learning assets and implementation of those solutions. You should be highly resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines and deliver learning assets.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Design and develop creative, learner-centered training programs, modules, and materials in multiple modalities including synchronous remote learning methodologies, blended classroom learning, interactive e-learning modules, videos, job aides, facilitator guides, and practice, review, and resource materials.
· Develop learning strategies that allow for successful and scalable implementation in geographically dispersed retail and grocery locations.
· Assess learning requirements by collecting data internally and externally to prioritize content builds for impact.
· Build innovative learning solutions to meet diverse learning needs.
· Manage learning related programs including implementation, communications, and change management on learning initiatives.
· Create and execute a plan to audit and update active learning assets.
· Write and present proposals for future learning needs, driving for alignment and buy-in of recommendations and investment needed across multiple businesses.
· Write and present business papers describing effectiveness and impact of learning initiatives.
· Design, plan, organize, and facilitate learning events and in-classroom training, as needed.
· Manage multiple projects and initiatives from scope to evaluation. Able to work independently balancing competing priorities, tight deadlines, and keeping people and projects moving on schedule
· Work with company learning platforms to upload content and monitor training participation.
· Collaborate effectively with other teams and subject matter experts (SMEs) to support field launches and initiatives.
· Able to travel up to 25% of the time to Seattle office and local sites where needed, for training delivery.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Adult Learning, or a related field.
· 3+ years’ experience in instructional design and developing learning solutions in multiple modalities, including significant experience in designing and delivering e-learning solutions to large organizations.
· 3+ years’ experience in learner-focused design and learning technologies such as Captivate, Articulate Studio/Storyline, Lectora, Camtasia, and Adobe Creative Cloud; ability to quickly learn and integrate new technologies.
· Experience in multi-media development (image, video, audio) to create graphics, animations, and other visual assets.
· Experience designing for blended and virtual learning experiences.
· Experience collaborating with variety of stakeholders (I.E. SMEs, front-line managers and frontline employees)
· Must be able to present a portfolio of sample work
Preferred Qualifications· Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Adult Learning, or a related field.
· 5+ years’ experience preferred in instructional design and developing learning solutions in multiple modalities, including significant experience in designing and delivering e-learning solutions to large organizations.
· 5 + years’ experience in learner-focused design and learning technologies such as Captivate, Articulate Studio/Storyline, Lectora, Camtasia, and Adobe Creative Cloud; ability to quickly learn and integrate new technologies.
· Experience in a large corporate training environment working on learning initiatives across multiple teams or groups highly desired
· Fluency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
· Excellent presentation and facilitation skill
· Learning Management System (e.g., Cornerstone or Thinking Cap) administration experience, including eLearning publishing and learning assessments.
· Demonstrated proficiency in assessing training effectiveness and ROI and communicating results to stakeholders and leaders.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.