Amazon’s Worldwide Operations Employee Relations (ER) team is looking for an Employee Relations Manager with a demonstrated passion for building positive, engaged work environments for Associates and leaders. The Employee Relations team is responsible for reducing risk to the business by deploying programs to develop the next generation of high-performing, Associate-centric frontline leaders. Our products and projects are global in scale and we continually strive to develop new and interesting concepts to transform and improve the employee experience. Candidates must have a successful record of creating new and innovative programs, improving existing portfolios and executing programs at scale.
The Employee Relations Manager will play a key role in advancing our mission. This role will join a tight-knit team of ER professionals, including former HR, operational and legal leaders. We are passionate about driving positive employee relations with our associates. This position supports Amazon’s Operations businesses in supporting and assisting in the development, implementation, auditing and Amazon Global Labor Standards.
· Program Design & Development: Assist and support the design, development and execution of ER programs, including as related to foundational labor and employee relations subjects, ensuring their timely and effective delivery while applying strategic thinking to iterate and scale those programs to our growing global businesses.
· Analytics and Measurement: Exceptional analytical skills, comfortable working with large amounts of data and communicating data findings. Analyze key metrics to identify gaps and opportunities, uncover trends and root causes that inform program design, mitigation efforts and proactive engagement efforts.
· Voice of the Associate and Managers: Develop a keen understanding of the voice of our Associates and managers. Combine data and anecdotes to develop perspective. Ensure perspective is at the forefront of proposed solutions. Disrupt and advocate on behalf of our customer (associates and leaders), creating new standards and mechanisms that solve for root cause.
· Subject Matter Expertise: Work to understand new, evolving and unique ER challenges across the variety of Amazon networks and use technology to apply appropriate ER strategies to deliver on program goals and meet the needs of our customers at scale. Utilize employee and labor relations expertise to identify issues, predict and mitigate risk and develop and execute ER strategies and ER programs for the business.
· Deliver Innovative Solutions: Challenge the status quo and think outside the box to generate creative ways to scale ER programs, solutions and action plans that meet timelines and deliverables, raise the bar and exceed the customer expectations. Partner with cross functional teams, including HR, Ops, IC, PR, Legal, government and community relations to bring solutions to life for Associates and teams.
· Communication: Ability to communicate to stakeholders that cut through the noise of competing requirements and facilitates action.
· Cross-Functional Collaboration: Build collaborative, influential internal and external relationships with Operations and HR leaders and other critical stakeholders to gather information, feedback and earn support and necessary resources to design and deliver ER services.
· Problem Solver: Troubleshoot issues independently and drive them to closure with minimal supervision; persevere in the face of internal and external barriers.
· Project Management: Independently own large scale, network-wide projects for AGL ER team that improve the Associate experience at a network level.
· Crisis Management: The individual also will work reactively on critical employee relations issues that are crisis-oriented and typically can only be successfully completed with limited time. Assessing and calibrating responses to varying situations, using sound judgment in decision making. Balancing time between projects and crisis-response is a critical component.
· Travel: This is a position that requires significant travel domestically and internationally.
Basic QualificationsBasic Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in HR, ER or related field of study
· 8+ years of experience in labor/employee relations and/or HR.
· Successful record of creating, improving and executing programs at scale, ability to drive and measure program effectiveness and high levels of customer satisfaction.
· Experience handling confidential information and escalate issues when appropriate.
· Experience identifying and resolving complex issues, assumes leadership roles in unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances – solid sense of accountability, high-quality judgment and sound decision-making.
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications
· Demonstrated passion for building positive, engaged work environments for employees and leaders.
· Previous Employee Relations experience
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while delivering on commitments
· Labor law background
· International labor law experience
· Compliance experience
· Previous Operations experience
· Ability to quickly connect with people across a wide variety of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
· Ability to convey ideas and recommendations in a clear, compelling and succinct way in written and verbal communications; can facilitate action and commitment across in-person and remote groups of stakeholders and peers
· Strong team, interpersonal and persuasion skills, enabling individual to establish influential partnerships working with peers, senior leaders and across organizational lines.
· Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, flexible, able to change direction quickly and in leading through both ambiguity and constant change
· Strong bias for action, ability to independently deliver results while working remotely with limited direction.
· Strong data-related tech skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.