Amazon’s Strategic Recruiting Team is seeking a talented, customer-focused Recruiter/Researcher hybrid to join our organization, supporting Amazon teams globally to recruit specialized executive talent in specialized fields.
The Strategic Recruiting Team (SRT) focuses on building top specialized talent communities in Design and Applied Research, including Machine Learning (ML), Computer Vision, Speech Recognition/Natural Language Processing, Optimization, Economics, Sustainability, Hardware, Data Science and Robotics globally at Amazon. We build teams in emerging fields and recruit senior Design and Science leaders. As a core talent function, we also develop Amazon’s presence at key gatherings, drive academic relations and facilitate internal community efforts. Our efforts support Amazon’s development of new businesses, such as Alexa and Amazon Go while ensuring state-of-the-art research and design are at the forefront of Amazon’s more mature organizations.
As a Market Intelligence Recruiter, you will be focused on the early phases of the candidate lifecycle with attention to strategy development and passive candidate pipelining and cultivation. You must be able to successfully manage, prioritize and run creative searches to deliver results. You thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment, can roll up your sleeves, work hard, have fun, and get the job done. You have an extensive knowledge of talent acquisition and functional areas of the business, forging dynamic relationships with business leaders, hiring managers and HR business partners. You are naturally curious with a strong desire to learn and a focus on continuous improvement. You have a reputation for being exceptional at candidate generation, candidate experience, knowledge sharing, process improvement, and delivering exceptional results. You are an expert at cultivating long-term relationships with top executives in specialized fields.
· Develop and implement a long-term engagement strategy to cultivate highly passive candidates
· Partner with Strategic Recruiters to build effective passive candidate sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches
· Build and maintain a network of top prospects through proactive market research and ongoing relationship management
· Screen, interview and prepare candidates while anticipating hiring manager preferences
· Maintain scrutiny upon marketplace trends and competitive opportunities
· Contribute to a global talent mapping strategy and direction
· Lead special research projects/recruiting initiatives; conduct primary and secondary research
· Proactively network and establish effective working relationships
· Invent creative approaches to uncovering and cultivating top talent
· Independently follow through on assignments with minimal direction; take action when answers to a problem are not readily apparent
Basic Qualifications· 5+ years of corporate and/or executive recruiting experience
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
· Experience managing and prioritizing multiple strategic searches, projects, and client relationships
· Experience building and driving talent sourcing initiatives and pipelines
· MS Office proficiency – including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
· Analytical experience to create, measure, and scale the efficient workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team.
Preferred Qualifications· Experience building and managing a high performing team of direct reports
· Experience working with recruiting and people-related tools, CRM systems, and complex spreadsheets
· Experience recruiting passive candidates who are the most senior experts in their field
· Consulting skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
· Passionate about recruiting diverse candidates
· Knowledge of the research science community including news, conferences, portfolios, blogs, etc.
· Strong project management skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.