The EHS Manager will be responsible for partnering with a regional operations team in our AMXL logistic network to execute company safety policies and ensure to all applicable local and regional regulations. By leveraging lean principles and tools like Kaizen events, this individual will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our Associates.
The EHS Manager must demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the Operations Team and influence change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data . The EHS Manager must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. This individual must instruct and train Operations Leaders in company safety policies and help develop effective safety leadership. The EHS Manager will assist and support the regional teams in incorporating our safety standards at their sites. The EHS Manager will be required to identify best practices and incorporate these best practices into our standards to continuously improve company safety policies. The EHS Manager must understand safety systems, and possess excellent safety program and relevant safety, environmental and ergonomic knowledge while demonstrating this expertise when working with Operations.
EHS Manager Responsibilities:
· Be an effective manager and leader who is proactive and challenges the organization to continually improve safety processes and results without compromise.
· Provide guidance and oversight to ensure to all applicable Amazon Safety Policies.
· the regions and sites’ performance against published requirements in safety policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
· Ensure safety recordkeeping and data integrity and provides Operations with accurate reporting and to support business safety initiatives.
· Deliver quality projects on time to Operations.
· Analyze safety and review weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to justify the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the safety risk is highest.
· Analyze Global Safety Peer Review results and develop and implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury at other facilities.
· Maintain accurate OSHA recordkeeping practices and Global Safety Database entries to ensure to global safety standards and local regulations.
· the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent.
· Spend time at the facilities and seek input from Associates and leaders on safety program improvement opportunities. Ensure open communication on status of progress and resolution against these suggestions.
· Work with both the operations team and the AMXL EHS team to reduce injuries at the delivery stations.
· Ensure site leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required safety training.
· Review for effectiveness the deployed safety tools and revise to ensure continual improvement.
· Partner with corporate and other regional field safety personnel to leverage global safety and environmental best practices into NA network standards
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), stock based awards, growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability /Veteran
Basic Qualifications· 2+ years of increasing responsibilities in safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations
· Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
· Experience leading change in multiple site environments or a fulfillment center. (I don’t want to rule out SS from our FCs)
· BS/BA in safety, environmental, ergonomics or a related field required
· Must be willing to travel up to 50%
Preferred Qualifications· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with Directors and VPs
· Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies based on broader organization goals.
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.