The Amazon Workplace Health and Safety team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented PIT Safety Program Manager to tailore and implement Global PIT safety initiatives to North America (NA) operational needs. You will be responsible for driving large-scale NA PIT projects that continuously improve associate safety at Amazon. You will partner very closely with NACF TNS.
As a PIT Safety Program manager you will be responsible to (1) drive NA PIT safety improvement projects ensuring they are operationally feasible and effective (2) develop and refine PIT operational safety ideas to leaders and (3) working with several business units to understand specific PIT operational risk, assist in the development of PIT operational processes, identify new PIT technology solutions and then work with engineering/operational teams to deliver them on an aggressive schedule.
Basic Qualifications· – Bachelor’s degree in safety, operations, mechanical engineering or other related technical field.
– At least 6 years relevant experience with a minimum of 3+ years of proven program management experience. For this specific opportunity, we are seeking individuals with experience strong operations experience, ideally within Warehouse environment.
– Experience driving counter balance, reach trucks, order pickers, walkie riders, and turret trucks.
– Ability to analyze large data sets and define problem statements/projects based on findings.
– Knowledge of US/Canada PIT training requirements.
– Strong time management, prioritization, problem solving, decision making, influencing, and conflict resolution skills.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences including executives and non-technical leaders.
– Exceptional collaborative and relationship skills including the ability to discover the true PIT operational risks and underlying needs of a business unit.
– Demonstrated experience at leading PIT improvement efforts across operations
– Ability to travel 50% of the time
– 10+ years of proven technical project or program management experience.
– Strong warehouse operations experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age