PMO Program Manager (m/f/d)
The Global Ops Tech IT Deployment organization manages a complex suite of projects and programs for IT Infrastructure and is responsible for strategic initiatives that cross business teams and operations groups within Amazon Fulfillment IT. Our projects deliver on the solutions that power the physical fulfillment of our customers’ orders. This includes management of site launches across the globe and directly supports shipping packages to millions of Amazon.com customers across the world.
This will role has significant scope and impact supporting several different areas of the business as part of the regional PMO..As a PMO Program Manager, you will lead a variety of projects in the area of PMO: tool adoption, integration of processes, governance, roles and responsibilities, KPI tracking, and training. In this role, you will work closely with various stakeholders to deliver value to the customer. Projects will be in disparate geographic locations, and require strong communication skills to coordinate with peers across geographies across the Americas and the globe.
** This position can be based in the US, Canada or Mexico
· Develop and manage the standards for IT projects from beginning to end, including project scope, timeline, capacity planning, resource allocation, and project execution.
· Provide project management and direction to ensure the PMs have a clear understanding of timelines, risks, escalation path and roles/responsibilities they will undertake within the project team.
· Act as an escalation point for the region
· Create and maintain knowledge base regarding IT standards to ensure appropriate equipment orders are procured in a timely manner
· Drive PMO regional metric/KPI creation, tracking, reporting and executive presentation at business reviews
· Ongoing collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
· Update or develop documentation on PMO processes and standards that are critical to successfully implementing of projects.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree
· Effective communication skills in English.
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills working with cross functional team regionally/globally, managing conflict, escalations, negotiating compromise and influencing others
· Ability to successfully facilitate collaboration across multiple functions, departments, and levels, and serve as a role model for teamwork.
· Five+ years of experience managing projects from initiation to closure.
· Understanding of core IT infrastructure and service concepts.
· Project management training, PMP or Prince2 certification or equivalent.
· Experience working PM tools (PPM, JIRA, Project Server, MS Project or others)
· Ability to travel frequently both within country and Americas (25% ).
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications:
· Intermediate-level knowledge in one or more of the following: LAN, WAN, Wireless, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, Low voltage data cabling, or data facilities technologies.
· Site launch experience of IT infrastructure (WLAN, LAN, end user equipment) in retail, distribution, logistics or similar.
· Experience with procurement of IT equipment.
· Knowledge of another European language such as German, French, Spanish or Italian is a merit.
Applications with English CV only please
Are you interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV, covering letter (both written in English) and certificates (school, university), stating your earliest start date and salary expectations separately in the applicant form.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies’ world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.