Principal Program Manager – NACF Central Operations Quality
Do you have an obsession for innovation? Do you have proven analytical capabilities, ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment, exceptional communication and project management skills, and ability to dive deep, root cause and permanently eliminate defects? The NACF Central Operations Quality team is seeking a qualified Principal Program Manager to drive network wide projects and innovate new processes at scale during Amazon’s explosive growth. In this role, you will partner with software and automation teams to drive innovation at the fulfillment center level, driving network wide projects that span a broad spectrum of multifunctional aspects of the business. This role calls for an individual who is technically smart as well as operationally sound in order to gain credibility with fulfillment center leadership and key stake holders at various levels of the organization.
The Principal Program Manager role will challenge you to push boundaries and lead transformative innovation while having the autonomy to make rapid data-driven decisions and invent on behalf of FC Operators and Associates. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with members from various teams, including Operations, AFT, Amazon Robotics, Advanced Technology, IB Supply Chain, Finance, etc. to deploy solutions at scale.
The successful candidate:
· Is smart, hard-working and creative person who loves solving difficult business problems and loves ‘getting things done’
· Can think big and develop and nurture new ideas, while simultaneously apply high standards to weed out ideas that are less impactful
· Is comfortable collaborating and influencing team members, working with development teams and other business groups, and presenting projects to senior leadership on a regular basis
· Has the ability to partner to build and execute on new initiatives and roadmaps each year
· Will compile, manage and report on weekly project metrics and be responsible for leading many high profile meetings to align on project requirements
· Build relationships and identify with stakeholders across the organization
· Has the technical aptitude to quickly grasp complex technical issues and communicate directly with technical teams
· Understands how to thrive in ambiguous environments and lead other teams without line of sight to a clear solution in the short term
Basic Qualifications· Technical (Math, Engineering, Science) Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
· 10+ years of experience in project management and leading large cross-functional teams in business operations and technology process improvement areas.
· 5+ years’ experience instructing Executives, Managers, Associates and Operations Integration champions on Lean methodologies and/or Technology Projects.
· Experience deploying transformational improvements and familiarity with CI concepts of lean, variation reduction, and design for six sigma methodologies
· Extremely strong problem structuring and solving skills and ability to deal with ambiguity
· Ability to interpret and map processes to data.
Preferred Qualifications· MBA preferred
· Experience with an e-commerce company is a plus
· Ability to think both strategically and tactically
· Curiosity to dig several layers deep into metrics, have an innate desire to understand key drivers and whether they are the correct or best metrics to measure/manage a business or process
· Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects – work prioritization, planning and task delegation
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills
· Innovative and self-directed
· Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion
· Experience managing people
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.