Amazon is a fast paced, dynamic, high-tech Company based in Seattle. Amazon’s finance team is searching for bar-raising accounting professionals who consistently exceed expectations, who thrive in a challenging workplace, and who can actively contribute to our talented team.
This position supports and directly influences the launches of some of Amazon’s newest global business initiatives in the consumer products, digital, merchant services, operations, logistics, payments, and cloud computing lines of business. The project launch analyst will work closely with the global financial systems team, accounting operations teams, tax, treasury, and others on new initiatives to provide integrated accounting requirements to the business teams. In addition, the project launch analyst is a member of a project team which partners with our operational accounting and business finance groups in developing strategic solutions to support our high growth rate through launch methodology design and training, creation of accounting tools used to support new launches and design inputs to longer-term platform development.
Successful candidates for this position will have a minimum of three years professional experience working with financial processes, project management, accounting requirements documentation, process design, and user acceptance testing responsibilities. They will have developed a passion for delivering process improvement across the accounting organization. This position is expected to have a deep sense of ownership, ability to identify process improvement opportunities, drive positive change across the organization, and enhance partnerships between Accounting and various business and IT groups.
In addition successful candidates will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, managing through ambiguity and complexity, and demonstrate and ability to support multiple, simultaneous, project launches at any one time. Candidates are also expected to have sufficient finance experience to help the project launch team identify and incorporate the necessary financial reporting and internal control elements into the systems or tools that are developed to support new business activities. Excellent communication and organization skills are required along with the ability to anticipate, identify, and communicate risks to accounting, finance, business and IT leadership, and the ability to communicate project information to senior business leadership.
Job responsibilities will include:
· Working independently to manage projects and support Amazon’s business and development teams in the design and implementation of new products and offerings.
· Provide project management within and across business units to transition new processes and/or permanent solutions to support the Amazon accounting team.
· Coordinate with the global accounting teams to establish and maintain strong communication channels.
· Identify, implement, and adhere to best practices across all new project launches
Basic Qualifications· Bachelors degree required
· 3 plus years of relevant experience in accounting
Preferred Qualifications· Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
· Desire to exceed expectations and drive positive change in the organization
· Experience of project management and an understanding of project management concepts.
· Experience working in a fast paced environment similar to a high tech start-up
· Experience of system and process design
· Proven ability to influence and make an impact
· Excellent analytical skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.