The AMZL Regional EHS Manager will be responsible for providing EHS support to Delivery Stations and Sub-Regional Managers within their region to execute company safety policies and ensure compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations. By leveraging lean principles and kaizens, you will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our Associates. The Regional EHS Manager will be responsible for partnering with a regional operations team in our Fulfillment Network. The AMZL Regional EHS Manager must demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the Operations Team and influence change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis.
The AMZL Regional EHS Manager must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. You will instruct and train Operations Leaders in Amazon safety policies and support the regional teams in incorporating our safety standards at their sites. You will work to identify best practices and incorporate these standard methodologies into our standards to continuously improve the safety landscape. The AMZL Regional EHS Manager will possess excellent safety program knowledge as well as environmental and ergonomic knowledge and be able demonstrate this expertise when working with Operations.
The AMZL Regional EHS Manager will be responsible to lead a team of EHS Managers in their region. This individual must create and execute leadership development plans for their EHS Managers and EHS Associates on their team. They must communicate EHS team expectations and give frequent and appropriate feedback to their EHS teams and ensure they are executing to the core competencies of an Amazon EHS professional. This individual must also demonstrate the ability to judge and assess EHS talent and select appropriate bench strength to current and future business needs.
AMZL Regional EHS Manager Responsibilities:
· Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations and company policy.
· Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Amazon EHS Policies.
· Measure sites’ performance against published requirements in EHS policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
· Deliver on-time and quality projects to Operations.
· Analyze EHS metrics and review incident weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to rationalize the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the safety risk is highest.
· Perform frequent site safety audits to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes at the site. Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury at other FCs.
· Audit record-keeping practices and Gensuite entries to be aligned with global safety standards and local regulations.
· Audit the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent.
· Spend time at the delivery stations and seek input from teams, Associates and leaders on safety program improvement opportunities. Ensure open communication on status of progress and resolution against these suggestions.
· Ensure site leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required safety training.
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), stock based awards, growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment.
This position requires 50-70% travel.
Basic QualificationsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
· 3-5+ years of growing responsibilities in ehs, safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations.
· Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
· Bachelor’s degree in safety, environmental, ergonomics or a related field required
· Must be flexible regarding shifts.
Preferred QualificationsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Distribution Center or Manufacturing Safety experience with mix of exempt and non-exempt employees at a site of at least 250 people preferred.
· Master’s degree preferred
· Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization
· Certified Safety Professional preferred
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort collaborating with site leaders.
· Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies.
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
· Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and the use of pivot tables and the development of charts and graphics.
· Ability to manage multiple sites/remotely.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.