At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Amazon is seeking Regional Quality Manager to work within the AMZL Amazon Customer Excellence System (ACES).
· Mentor Amazon delivery station staff in lean principles and drive adoption of standard work system into the daily work and habits of delivery station staff.
· Support network level excellence in six sigma and lean practices through designing and implementing systems, metrics, and programs that drive adoption and continuous improvement.
· Support process improvements, best practice sharing, and standardization across all Amazon Logistics processes using Lean principles.
· Provide metrics inputs to various reporting decks; communicate key performance indicators to the FCs in support of network objectives.
· Supplement the efforts of those members of the ACES Process Improvement team members whose primary focus will be Standard Work implementation.
· Collaborate with counterparts in other ACES functional areas (Safety, Quality, Learning, Loss Prevention) as well as the Operations Engineering team and DS Launch SME team to drive standardization and documentation of core process elements to support network growth and scale.
· Support the work of ACES teams working to improve the vision, content, and delivery of ACES Training program.
Basic Qualifications· A completed Bachelor’s Degree is REQUIRED
· 5+ years Management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
· Ability to lead, teach and develop associates and managers to deliver key organizational goals.
· Cross-functional project management experience
· Process improvement experience via Kaizens and use of LEAN tools.
· Experience using and communicating performance metrics
· Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts
· Travel ranges from 25-75% to North American Delivery Stations required.
Preferred Qualifications· Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field as well as a MBA is a plus
· Certifications in Six Sigma and Lean are a plus
· Prior experience as a Lean or Six Sigma mentor
· Proven ability to influence others without having positional authority
· Strong project management and organizational skills, experience working on complex initiatives with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
· Excellent communication skills, ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences
· Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
· Ability to Deep Dive and develop innovative ideas for process challenges
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation