Advertising’s growth depends on a world class talent acquisition capability. The Recruiting organization is deployed in close strategic partnerships with the business to enable clear line of sight to talent gaps. The Senior Client Lead is responsible for defining partnerships with business leaders, architecting full life cycle recruitment strategies, activating all Recruiting resources- including Sourcing and Recruitment Optimization channels, to maximize the impact of the full Recruiting organization on the development of our clients’ businesses.
Senior Client Leads bring a deeply consultative approach to partnerships with business leaders and are known for their unique understanding of the core business dynamics, markets and economic considerations affecting their clients’ businesses and growth dependencies. They combine tenacity with tact; know when to apply pressure and when to ease back. They are inquisitive, resilient and deeply coachable. Mostly, they are leaders who are constantly influencing and navigating between internal customers and external candidates- bringing the best of our team’s resources to bear on growth strategies.
These leaders will continually assess the needs of internal business clients and maintain scrutiny upon marketplace trends and competitive opportunities. They will define the vision for strategic recruiting and ensure alignment with the overall Amazon talent acquisition strategy. They will be adept at defining project milestones and consistent metrics to establish and manage a process for prioritizing and operationalizing talent acquisition activities to maximize growth and return on investment.
Success will be defined by individuals’ ability to excel in the following areas:
· Efficiently assimilating and understanding clients’ dynamic businesses and associated talent needs in the context of evolving strategic plans and changing markets.
· Participating in resource planning, compensation analyses, global talent availability, driving demand collection and consulting on workforce geographic dispersion in coordination with other senior stakeholders (HR Business Partners, Finance, Compensation, Procurement, Campus, Centralized specialty recruiting and International Recruiting partners.)
· Developing and operationalizing reporting mechanisms that yield thematic and actionable analytics through which the business and all stakeholders may collaborate constructively.
· Driving funnel analysis and optimization efforts focused on diversity, quality assessment, pass through rate analytics and associated best practices, and pipeline management from application through offer acceptance.
· Partnering with clients on organizational design and providing cross functional influence beyond immediate recruiting scope (attrition impacts, onboarding, promotion, training, branding, etc.).
· Partner with hiring teams to build effective sourcing, assessment and closing approaches with the ability to manage customer/partner expectations through a deep understanding of return on investment.
· Understand how to recruit passive technical candidates and possess the mentality to “profile people and gauge chemistry of candidates for fit and understand their motivation” rather than sell a role.
· Recommend ideas and strategies related to recruitment that will contribute to the long-range growth of the company, implementing any new processes and fine tuning standard processes for recruiting that fits within Amazon’s mission to deliver the highest quality results to the customer.
Learn more about Amazon Advertising here: https://advertising.amazon.com/
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s Degree and/or commensurate experience.
· 6+ years of corporate and/or agency progressive recruiting experience including sourcing and full life cycle recruiting.
· Experience leading/managing a team of sourcers and/or recruiters.
· Working knowledge of federal and state employment, immigration, labor laws and OFCCP.
· Experience with MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
Preferred Qualifications· Client centric and consultative approach to all interactions with senior business leaders.
· Demonstrated ability to lead concurrent projects of scale and deliver to promised expectations.
· Ability to challenge, recommend and redirect teams as well as client expectations, building consensus for successful program and project delivery.
· 5+ years of experience utilizing competitive research to drive targeted direct sourcing initiatives
· 5+ years of experience utilizing analytics and data to drive collaborative decision-making.
· Experience influencing people, process, priorities, deliverables and client teams, or managing/coaching teams, inclusive of the development of recruiting strategies and/or organizational headcount planning in a business or executive recruiting context.
· Expertise in designing recruitment channels (passive sourcing, strategic and preferred agency relationships, employee referral initiatives, candidate application channels and event branding.)
· Ability to anticipate bottlenecks, providing escalation management and making tradeoffs; encouraging risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit while identifying interdependencies between concurrent projects to prevent downstream problems.
· Strong communication skills, organizational and negotiation skills.
· Deep analytical orientation, with the ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring managers and the recruiting team.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.