Amazon’s Worldwide Technology Deployment team drive the execution and continuous improvement of critical automation, robotic, software and prototype processes and solutions which serves Amazon Fulfillment Network sites around the world. We do this by building automated solutions to handle things that technology does well, while relying on people to handle things that humans do well.
Our environment is global and complex with a variety of software and systems, including industrial machines and protocols. We are constantly innovating in the ways we are automating and accelerating the delivery of products and packages which includes building custom hardware and applying machine learning, image processing, and real-time data processing using distributed systems. We are looking for a Controls System Engineer, capable of developing next-gen Industrial Control System platforms and automation solutions for AFT. This position will be exposed to the development of custom communications protocols, PLC optimization, fieldbus architecture design, diagnostics development and mechatronic equipment design. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative environment.
In this role, you will collaborate directly with Sr. Control System Engineers to design and develop solutions involving robotics, data management and precision conveyance. You will participate in large-scale control engineering projects, supporting global deployments of equipment, requiring travel. This position will be filled with a candidate identified as a future leader, capable of driving AFT into the lead of Industrial Control Systems design and we are looking for candidates who are up to the task.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineer, Robotics or related discipline
· 4+ years PLC programming experience. Experience with IEC-61131-3 software design, development and testing.
· 1+ Year experience developing electrical schematics using AutoCAD Electrical (2010 or newer)
· 2+ Years of experience with PLC/SCADA integration
· 2+ Years of experience in high level programming (Java, .Net, C# etc…)
· Experience with creating automated alarms, reports and KPI metrics for plant management.
· Understanding of Ethernet networking solutions and concepts
Preferred Qualifications· Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
· 4+ years manufacturing equipment development
· 2+ Years of experience with MES layer development
· 2+ Years Hazard Analysis and mitigation experience
· History of implementing security and user management systems related to ICS
· Working knowledge in control system interface design using OPC/UA
· Working experience using relational databases (SQL experience)
· Strong knowledge in project development methodology, clear verbal and written communication skills
· Support dynamic Business Intelligence (BI) needs by summarizing and reporting key analytical findings.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.