Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN), a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Amazon.com, Inc. seeks to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices. Today, we operate retail websites in 15 countries, offering millions of products in more than different categories worldwide, and we still like to work hard, have fun and make history!
Amazon’s Disability and Leave Services (DLS) team in the HR Services organization is building a best-in-class case management program to deliver leave of absence, disability and accommodation services to Amazon employees globally. DLS Sr. Case Managers provide case management for all types of leave of absence and disability life events. They are highly skilled in answering questions, understanding the employee’s situation, applying the appropriate benefits, responding to changing circumstances and needs, and pave the way for a connected and trusted case management experience. DLS Sr. Case Managers are the single point of contact for employees throughout an entire leave of absence or disability event.
The DLS Sr. Case Manager actively support and promote an environment of collaboration and consultation between all DLS Case Managers, serving a mentor and lead on the most complex cases. The DLS Sr. Case Manager will contribute deep operational subject matter expertise to DLS initiatives, including operational performance, continuous improvement and quality outcomes. As an operations subject matter expert, the position collaborates with key business stakeholders and DLS program leaders to ensure adherence to standard work and all operational service levels are met.
· Builds trust and confidence in the DLS team
· Influences change to ensure operational standards are met
· Initiate and respond to inquiries about leave and disability events, benefits, and options available to employees
· Serve as a single point of contact for assigned employees (150 – 200 employee cases) to provide holistic case management services, including reviewing medical documentation to adjudicate leaves in compliance with the corresponding leave plans, federal and state laws and benefit plans as defined by Amazon
· Leverage duration guidelines, best practice tools and Amazon resources to support oversight of a leave event as appropriate
· Critically assess and adjust the case management plan to an employee’s changing needs
· Address and respond to sensitive situations
· Troubleshoot issues and seek to remove barriers before, during, or after a leave event
· Respond to employee impacting issues that may arise during the leave event and ensure the right communication occurs
· Identify and solve problems that may arise, sometimes with limited information
· Facilitate a smooth return to work and ramp-back plan for employees returning to the workplace
· Educate managers and business partners on employee concerns and needs prior to being off or returning back to work
· Communicate regular updates to employees and stakeholders both verbally and in writing
· Ensure compliance with standard work, federal/state regulations, and company policy
· Maintain system records to ensure accurate and timely information/documentation
· Consult, coordinate and partner with our third party administrator, HR, Safety, Legal, Payroll, Benefits, team members and other departments/systems as appropriate
· Other duties as assigned
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree from accredited university or equivalent experience.
· 3 years of experience as a leave of absence and/or disability claim manager, with experience using a case management system, reviewing cases for eligibility, determining the appropriate leave and/or disability pay benefits that apply to a specific situation, and establishing/executing a case management plan.
· Knowledge of federal or state leave and disability regulations, specifically ADA/ADAAA and FMLA
· Experience providing guidance to employees or managers on leave of absence, disability plan, accommodation, human resources, benefits, or employee matters
· Technically proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint
Preferred Qualifications· SPHR, PHR, or CPDM certifications, or equivalent
· Experience providing case management services for a large, multi-state employer or on behalf of a carrier/TPA with clients in multiple states
· Experience with global service and employee delivery
· Exceptional customer service and communication skills, both verbal and in writing
· Strong problem solving, time management and priority setting skills
· Experience working with confidential information
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.