Preferred location: Seattle, WA, Arlington, VA, or Nashville, TN (relocation assistance available). Position may also be performed virtually with required travel up to 25% or as business demand requires.
Amazon’s HR organization is growing fast and expanding internationally at an amazing pace. The HR Risk & Compliance team is responsible for managing global compliance programs that include inventorying, assessing, controlling, and monitoring important HR and employment-related risks in the markets where we do business.
As a member of Amazon’s HR Risk and Compliance team, the Sr. EEO/AA Compliance Manager, will be an integral team member working as an individual contributor on global HR policy, process, and system owners to manage complex equal employment, pay equality, affirmative action, and government reporting requirements and issues. This includes researching legal and regulatory obligations with local labor and employment attorneys, working with project teams to translate legal and regulatory obligations into system or process requirements, monitoring the effectiveness of controls designed to meet obligations on a regular, and ongoing basis, and developing and leading remediation plans to mitigate risk. These projects may be driven by new legal and regulatory requirements, geographies, types of business, solution implementations, or emerging risk issues.
Specific responsibilities will include:
· Lead programs supporting Amazon’s affirmative action, equal employment, and related programs
· Monitor federal and state employment regulations
· Identify areas for improvement and lead projects to implementing change
· Conduct gap and root cause analysis of internal employment processes in support of Amazon’s affirmative action program, government reporting, and related programs
· Conduct on-site and virtual compliance audits, draft audit reports detailing methodology, results, and remediation plans
· Prepare effective white papers and statistical reports for senior leaders
· Provide training to recruiting, management, and HR staff on programs and policy.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree or 10+ years professional or military experience
· 5+ years of professional experience in a related field such as HR, Recruiting, Legal, etc.
· 2+ years federal affirmative action, equal employment or related experience
· Knowledge of related federal EEO laws including E.O. 11246, Title VII, ADASection 503, & VEVRAA
· Experience working with HR data and reports
· 1+ years of project or program management experience
· Experience in MS Office including Excel and Word
· Master’s degree (MBA or HR)
· Experience managing or supporting EEO and OFCCP or related compliance programs
· Data driven, able to turn raw data into actionable results
· Demonstrated ability to influence without authority
· Experience researching and analyzing compensation decisions
· Deep understanding of recruitment processes and systems
· Experience analyzing applicant data for Internet Applicant Definition compliance
· Experience identifying and developing enhancements for HR compliance programs
· Experience responding to OFCCP audits and government requests for information
· Highly proficient working in Excel and analyzing large amounts of data
· Experience supporting international programs or customers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.