Come build the future of privacy with us! To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. We work in a fast-paced environment across multiple industries, never losing our passion for customers.
As a member of the HR Risk and Compliance team, you will play a key role in operationalizing privacy across Amazon’s global HR function. This includes engaging with legal, operational teams, technical teams, and senior leaders across HR and the wider enterprise to help ensure compliant outcomes. You will be responsible for consulting with key stakeholders to drive alignment with global privacy regulatory requirements, including GDPR.
In the execution of HR’s Privacy Program, you will rely heavily on your subject matter expertise, as well as your project management, analytical, and relationship building skills to develop and deploy innovative strategies for data protection. You will work extensively with legal to disposition regulatory requirements before translating those obligations into business, system, and process requirements.
The right person will demonstrate proven experience to: support diverse stakeholders; evaluate control effectiveness; understand levels of potential risk and how to address them; provide in-depth consultation; and have the ability to synthesize diverse data to identify patterns, draw conclusions, and prioritize remediation efforts, using risk management concepts.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Consult with global legal, finance, benefits, trade, IT, information security, and HR policy, process, and system owners to ensure that sound protocols are in place to mitigate privacy risks.
· Monitor known and emerging risks, measure internal control effectiveness, and develop and own action items to remediate identified risk issues.
· Develop deep knowledge of the GDPR and data privacy processes and solutions utilized by Amazon.
· Consult on the development of business requirements for new system implementations and enhancements.
· Draft written narratives to communicate obligations, risk analyses, and recommendations.
· Inventory risk and compliance obligations in a governance, risk and compliance (GRC) system framework.
· Conduct on-site and virtual risk control assessments, draft reports detailing methodology, results, and remediation plans.
· Prepare other supporting documentation such as manager and employee communications, FAQs, and standard operating processes.
· Respond to questions and troubleshoot issues.
· Manage other HR risk and compliance related projects as needs arise.
· Up to 25% travel, including international destinations
The successful candidate leverages their background in data protection, records management, human resources, data governance, and/or data modelling to implement privacy controls across the HR technology ecosystem. They are highly independent and organized; ably build trusting relationships with stakeholders at various levels; adapt quickly to changing demands; and demonstrate critical inquiry, attention to details, and the ability to effectively articulate recommendations/conclusions verbally and in writing. Knowledge of international data protection requirements in a human resources context, is preferred.
Basic Qualifications· 8+ years of experience in an HR, privacy, information security, legal, compliance, data governance, or risk management role
· BA/BS degree
· MS Office proficiency
Preferred Qualifications· Experience with GDPR and other global privacy regulations
· Experience in statistics, data anonymization, or data modelling
· Experience in evaluating IT controls
· 10+ years of experience in an HR, privacy, information security, legal, compliance, data governance, or risk management role
· Advanced degree in a related area (MBA or JD)
· Experience working in a global, large-scale, complex, and fast-paced environment
· Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and drive forward results
· Problem solver, able to troubleshoot issues independently or escalate when necessary; sense of accountability and sound professional judgment
· Proven analytical capabilities; experience with large amounts of data and in developing audit reports, metrics, and reporting mechanisms
· Experience managing projects and developing policies
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· CIPP, CIPM, or CIPT certification
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.