Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN), a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Amazon.com, Inc. seeks to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices. Today, we operate retail websites in 15 countries, offering millions of products in more than different categories worldwide, and we still like to work hard, have fun and make history!
Amazon is looking for a strong leader who is passionate about Customer Experience, who thinks/acts globally, and who has the ability to contribute to new innovations in the Disability and Leave industry. As a Principal, Service Delivery, he/she will execute capacity ramp up and ramp down across internal service centers, drive productivity and cost efficiency by challenging operations teams across multiple geographies, and monitor and react to stability of vendor supported operations. The ideal candidate will possess a strong analytical background that enables him/her to analyze and standardize workflow activities across large, cross-functional teams. In addition, this person should exhibit exceptional and influential communication and organizational skills, superior attention to detail and an ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment. This individual will demonstrate strong analytical and critical thinking skills, along with customer service focus that employees expect from Amazon.
This person would be responsible for managing the team that executes to short/long term capacity plans by aligning actual staffing to forecasted requirement. An individual in this position must understand Amazon business units supported and have a deep understanding of ADA, FMLA, statutory Leaves and disability policies and laws, in addition to understanding the job accommodation processes and Amazon’s re-assignment obligation. He/she will be partnering with a team of leaders spread across multiple sites and countries and will be responsible for validating their performance in ensuring staffing accuracy in the internal network for service level delivery. Strong initiative, team leadership, project management and quantitative skills are imperative, as well as the ability to lead and grow top-notch people.
The successful candidate will:
· Work in lock-step with DLS Operations and Program Managers.
· Coordinate with Operations across multiple locations to execute short term and long term capacity movements.
· Mitigate capacity risks by identifying dependencies across multiple operating units and sites. Clearly communicate dependencies and manage/track expectations.
· Manage the analyses of daily, weekly, and monthly reporting of site performance via Key Performance Indicators.
Functional Responsibilities include:
· Ambiguity: High degree of uncertainty in both problem definition and solution approach. Delivers with complete independence.
· Scope of Influence: Ability to build consensus on data, metrics, and analysis to drive business and system strategy. Influences Senior Mangers/Director and LOAA stakeholders. Significant role developing others.
· Technical Complexity: High degree of difficulty and rigor involved in the analysis, modelling and development of work force solutions. Ability to handle complexity when problems involve multiple systems, teams, or processes. Ability to identify and implement robust, efficient, scalable solutions.
· Impact: Delivers artifacts that drive decision making on critical staffing levels, service levels, and expenses.
· Execution: Initiates the design, development, and implementation of analysis projects that optimize staffing, scheduling, shifts. Applies analytical principles/concepts to problems. Makes informed trade-offs to deliver results.
· Knowledge: Knowledge of leave, disability and accommodation domains. Skillset to apply analytical principles, tools, and techniques.
· Knowledge: Knowledge of contact/call center domains. Skillset to apply analytical principles, tools, and techniques.
Additional Skills required
· Demonstrated ability in developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
· Demonstrated ability to put team priorities into a larger business context and make difficult tradeoffs caused by new or changed business goals and/or resource fluctuation.
· Keep updated on legislation and national, state and local issues affecting access for employees with disabilities.
· Drive the strategic direction of capacity planning (long-term) and workforce management (short-term), staff solutions strategy, and geographic diversification.
· Create capacity plan and set staffing targets for our business by managing trade-offs between Customer Experience/Service Levels, Employee Experience, Operational Flexibility, and Cost Effectiveness.
· Mitigate capacity risks by managing dependencies across multiple operating units and sites. Clearly communicate dependencies and manage/track expectations.
· Manage the analyses of daily, weekly, and monthly reporting of contact center performance via Key Performance Indicators.
· Support local site management and workflow teams to optimize staffing requirements.
· Analyze drivers of significant forecast misses to continuously improve forecasting.
· Assess available technology to support our global workforce management and capacity planning needs.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s Degree
· 7+ years’ hands-on experience leading operational forecasting, staffing, and scheduling for a multi-location operation
· Ability to build complex models using various statistical tools for optimization and then communicating plans or risks clearly
· Experience in analysis, planning, data analysis, reporting and communications
· Fluency in Microsoft Excel
Preferred Qualifications· Previous Workforce Management experience strongly preferred as well as experience with business intelligence and analytics
· Operational experience in a high volume support environment
· Basic/Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques preferred
· MBA or Graduate Degree
· High level of dedication, enthusiasm, motivation, and persuasive ability in a team and cross-functional environment
· Detailed understanding of forecasting and presenting financial and non-financial data
· Experience working with senior managers in automating and implementing new systems and processes
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.