The Senior Manager, HR systems will own and execute expansion of Amazon’s HR Systems in the employee engagement space such as case management, document solutions or custom solutions to enable positive business impact. The role will execute HR software and service delivery initiatives to build scale, efficiency, and a great employee experience. They will work globally with business owners, developers, and HR partners at all levels to understand strategy, requirements and timelines and map those to global HR and Payroll objectives. They will lead cross-functional teams through the design, delivery, and implementation of new tools and services as well as planning for change management and production support. The Senior Manager will drive deliverables, provide escalation management, deliver regular communications to project stakeholders, and manage project resources.
Specific responsibilities will include:
· Deliver Solutions – Implement scalable technologies and services to meet long term HR and Payroll business needs; partner with development teams on system design and gap analysis, prioritization of critical initiatives and resources, and make v. buy evaluation
· Program Management – Develop plans, secure resources, and drive schedule; collaborate effectively across teams to define strategy, goals and commitment to timelines and deliverables
· Communication – Own communications to team members and stakeholders on progress, issues, and risks including regular status updates and periodic white paper analysis; provide pre and post launch communications to impacted teams
· Business Requirements – Coordinate the collection of global business requirements and the documentation of system configuration and integration specifications, test plans and use cases.
· Change Management – Lead the execution of the communication and training strategy, coordination of activities, and development of materials
· Implementation – Experience in directing the rollout of new tools and systems to global teams including delivery of standard operating procedures, workflow diagrams, training materials and post-launch support resources
· Measurement – Develop measures to define progress and success; establish ongoing reporting requirements and key performance indicators for confirming return on investment; maintain project budgets and forecasts
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s Degree
· 10+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
· 6+ years of experience managing teams
· Experience with end to end product delivery
· Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
· Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
· 10+ years of HR and/or HR systems related experience
· 5+ years relevant program and project management experience
· Bachelor’s degree in business or technology related field
· Experience implementing systems and processes in large-scale, complex environments
Preferred Qualifications· Strategic view, able to perform cost benefit analyses, accurately assess risk, forecast both long and short-term outcomes, and evaluate the implications in a complex business environment
· Experience identifying and resolving complex issues, will take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances – solid sense of accountability and sound personal judgment
· Strong systems knowledge, uses technology to scale programs and improve efficiencies, experience defining technical requirements and working with systems resources. Experience with Salesforce, Workday, PeopleSoft, AWS technologies and document management systems a big plus.
· Exceptional analytical skills, comfortable working with large amounts of data and communicating data findings, experience establishing and tracking program metrics including return on investment
· Graduate degree and/or MBA preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills – ability to interface with all levels of the organization, specific strength in influencing decision makers and managing expectations
· Successful record of implementing new systems and processes with measurable results, ability to build tools and frameworks that facilitate deployment and change in a complex organization.
· Customer service orientation with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations – ability to serve multiple customers and deliver an excellent employee experience
· Demonstrated program ownership and consistent delivery on commitments – great organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.